If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
UHealth's IT Department has an exciting opportunity for a Full-time Clinical Systems Analyst 2. The Clinical Systems Analyst 2, works to ensure the information systems in the UHealth organization are working efficiently and effectively, including but not limited to, MyChart and Care EveryWhere.. The Clinical Systems Analyst provides necessary experience, knowledge, and technical support to ensure all aspects of applications and systems development, build and implementation. The incumbent will analyze, define, and apply technical knowledge to solve complex problems regarding business application systems. Moreover, the Clinical Systems Analyst 2 will work closely with team members, staff and other personnel to gain and understanding of objectives and requirements for the assigned clinical system and will be responsible for trouble shooting problems and challenges within the clinical information systems which may include software problems, hardware issues or even networking difficulties.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Perform period checks to ensure that data is entered and retrieved correctly and that all regulations regarding confidentiality and security are being followed.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results. Includes analysis of business and user needs, documentation of requirements, and translation into proper Systems requirement specifications. Applies technical knowledge of all phases of Systems analysis.
- Coordinate and synthesize the collection of data from multiple sources in order to implement, improve or upgrade systems
- Participates in the pre-implementation tasks, as assigned, such as system design, testing and training in order to gain a thorough knowledge of the technology-enabled workflows and the application features and functions
- Coordinate software updates and changes, review and test each new release, report application system testing results
- Performs testing for upgrades and problem-solving during implementations, simulation and support phases of clinical systems.
- Provides support for designated application systems. Augments and facilitates the design, development, implementation of enhancements to existing business systems. Facilitates database conversions and performs system's analysis.
- Responsible for assisting user management in setting priorities within that functional area.
- Assist end user with system related issues, assist in training as required, and oversee dictionary database structure set up and maintenance as necessary for clinical information systems being used.
- Ensures knowledge transfer of the technology enabled user workflows and best practice use of the application
- Defines information Clinical systems requirements jointly working with management and professional staff in user departments. Technical solutions must satisfy the business needs for the future
- Assists with communication to assigned group regarding new features/functionality, new workflows, system availability, and downtime procedures.
- Ensures adequate communication is maintained regarding all project status and priorities.
- Manages and augments the development and maintenance of application systems
- Conducts technical reviews and walk-through of IT design documentation with development and design team members.
- Reviews and critiques the technical documentation of other systems to assure quality products
Any appropriate combination of relevant of education, experience and/or Certifications may be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, RN, PA or ARNP preferred.
- Experience and certification in MyChart. Experience and/or certification in Care EveryWhere and Epic Care Link.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs, Excel (pivot tables), Visio, Project, PowerPoint, Word.
- Experience with project upgrade and implementation required.
- 1-3 years previous experience with product support of users in a healthcare environment required.
- Knowledge of operational healthcare, hospital and/or ambulatory and inpatient workflows and medical terminology.
- Clinical background and/or experience in a clinical setting.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
- Knowledge of state-of-the art technology.
- Experience with major systems development and implementation.
- Experience design, build, implementing, supporting, and/or using Epic Systems applications.
- Understand project management and control.
- Ability to communicate ideas and provide solutions.
- Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise.
- Required to be On-Call as needed.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: