If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Department of Medicine, Division of Gerontology has an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Business Operations Representative to work Hybrid at the UHealth Campus. The Clinical Business Operations Representative facilitates the prompt resolution of problems related to pre and post care that arise in daily clinical operations. The incumbent in this position performs general administrative and receptionist functions, to include answering incoming calls, efficient management of patients, and the acquisition of necessary patient-care and records. This role will also assist patients in a courteous, efficient and professional manner and ensure adherence to divisional and departmental service standards.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Accurately records all data and maintains necessary records or files relating to clinical care issues
- Acquires all materials necessary for the patient visit including medical records and x-rays
- Answers telephone calls professionally and courteously within five rings introducing the practice as requested by the division
- Communicates with patients regarding delays in refills and authorizations
- Answers telephone calls correctly processing all patient information for messages and patient requests. Enters and routes request to appropriate person within UChart
- Completes physician's orders/requests accurately
- Assists with managing the Uchart In-basket for medication requests, whether on the phone or in person, treats all patients, co-workers internal customers with dignity and professionalism
- Maintains professional relationships with all physicians
- Works to establish and maintain good working relationships with fellow employees
- Works cooperatively with fellow employees to solve problems and enhance the smooth and efficient flow of the practice
- Provides coverage for responsibilities of co-workers when assigned or as need arises
- Follows instructions of and assists supervisory staff as required
- Develops and promotes the use of effective methods of communicating with physicians, managers, peers, trainees, and staff on a regular basis
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the changing health care environment. Supports and implements programmatic initiatives for care improvement and cost reduction
- Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of managed care issues as the affect prescriptions and medication prior authorizations.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong conflict management and resolution skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to handle and resolve sensitive human resources issues
- Outstanding organizational skills are necessary to manage many competing timetables and responsibilities. Ability to delegate and effectively supervise and plan for the timely and successful completion of short- and long-term objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with a large and diverse constituency, including administration, division faculty patients, and support staff. Will communicate information in written, electronic, oral and presentation formats
- Interpersonal relationship skills needed to motivate staff and work with leadership, and physicians in a positive and collegial fashion
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.