VCA SouthPaws Veterinary Specialists & Emergency Center is seeking a highly experienced client service professional to join our leadership team as Client Service Supervisor in our CritiCare department.
Under direction from the CritiCare Practice Manager, the Client Service Supervisor performs a wide range of difficult-to-complex administrative activities related to quality patient care and excellent client service, staffing and human resources, and discretionary activities that serve to support effective business operations.
Applicant must be a reliable self-starter, motivated by a challenging, fast-paced environment. Strong candidates will have supervisory experience, a positive attitude, a friendly demeanor towards both animals and people, will be detail oriented, have the ability to multi-task, and can demonstrate the importance and understanding of high-quality customer service.
Skills and Qualifications
• Excellent knowledge of client service and communication center operations
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong client relations and interpersonal skills
• Intermediate to expert computer skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong supervisory skills
• Self-starter and team player
• Strong client service background
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
• 2 years of supervisory experience required
• 2 years of experience in the veterinary field preferred
• The schedule for this position is somewhat flexible, but will require weekday evenings and some weekends
• Responsible for day-to-day client service for the CritiCare department, and internally with departmental relations. This includes interviewing, training, coaching, developing, mentoring and disciplinary action as appropriate
• Direct on-the-job training to develop associate skill sets, advise employees of performance requirements with the standards of client service for the organization
• Use time keeping software to verify Criticare CSR staff punches, enter pay differentials, handle vacation requests and monitor overtime
• Communicate with all staff and relief associates via email/text to find coverage for open shifts
• Communicate with all staff and relief associates via email/text to find additional staff in the event of staffing shortage or influx of CritiCare patients; help the front desk when appropriate
• Assist CritiCare Practice Manager with day-to-day operations
• Resolve informal client complaints, maintain and report on these issues to the Hospital Manager
• Responsible for the efficient day-to-day running of the front office to include enforcement of policies, procedures and protocols
• Identify and provide recommendations for potential problems, non-routine situations, work flow processes, and client service needs to the CritiCare Practice Manager
• Make decisions on behalf of the department utilizing good judgment, which demonstrates the best interest of the hospital and the clients
• Coach associates and direct reports
• Assist in the development and delivery of associate evaluations for the CritiCare front desk with the Practice Manager
• Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of reporting tools and queries needed to manage the business
• Handle communication of financial information to clients and doctors
• Act as a liaison between front office and other department supervisors
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits for eligible employees, including medical/dental, generous personal pet care discounts and more!
We look forward to your application!
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and strive to be a place where a mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work.
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!