AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. is looking for an eager system administration professional who is reliable and who wants to be a part of a solid technical team. This role will have the core responsibility of managing and auditing system access for employees and third-party vendors supporting AmTrust. The position will also provide oversight, enrollment management and governance of employees being provided access to external third-party systems, they will also assist in problem and issue identification, communication, and management in partnership with the Claims IT Leadership. The ideal candidate would have a blend of experience with data analysis, process improvement, organization, and communication skills for all levels of the company. A successful person for this role would be someone that has a lot of internal motivation, attention to detail, follow through skills and who is a self-starter. People that are passionate about new/emerging technology, process improvement, technology renewal and working in a complex, fast paced environment will love this role.
- Provides administrative maintenance to systems and applications
- Primary resource for executing system user auditing and permission tracking
- Perform data analysis to create internal system improvement plans
- Documenting processes and procedure in detail
- Development of performance metrics
- Acts as a primary first level liaison between IT and business
- Brings leadership skills to the team to drive results
- Provides guidance, assistance, coordination and follow-up on business inquiries and in the resolution of reported system problems or malfunctions.
- Coordinates with end users to determine requirements for systems enhancements or revisions.
- May assist with the testing of system enhancements.
- Participates in production implementation, verification and accountable for validation of particular enhancements.
- Perform preliminary analysis to determine sources of discrepancies between actual and expected results.
- Communicate and interact with appropriate areas on changes and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and functionality.
- Works with users and peers in planning, developing, implementing, and supporting new or existing applications.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Commercial Lines Property & Casualty insurance, inclusive of Workers' Compensation, highly desired. Preferred experience with claims systems.
- Experience with SDLC methodology including requirements, design, testing and support in an agile environment.
- Experience in the design and development of complex business systems preferably in the Property & Casualty insurance industry.
- SQL Query skills preferred
- Experience gathering and documenting requirements.
- Experience with testing, developing test plans and test cases.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively within a team environment.
- Ability to lead other team members to deliver on team commitments
- Ability to share knowledge and train others.
- Analytical Thinking (Advanced) - Identifies current or future problems or opportunities analyzes and compares information to understand issues, identifies cause/effect relationships and explores alternative solutions to support sound decision making.
- Facilitation (Advanced) - Uses and adjusts style and technique to assist group process and understanding.
- Communication (Advanced) - Demonstrates effective verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Teamwork (Advanced) - Works together in situations when actions are interdependent, and a team is mutually responsible to produce a result.
- Relationship Management (Advanced) - Seeks out, builds, fosters and maintains productive relationships, networks or alliances to meet goals and achieve results.
- Business Perspective (Advanced) - Uses knowledge of internal and external factors impacting the property casualty industry to make decisions.
- Technology - Uses, leverages and maintains proficiency with corporate and job specific technology as it evolves (e.g., hardware, software, business unit applications and systems tools).
- Conflict Management (Advanced) - Brings conflicts into the open and resolves them collaboratively.
- Risk Taking (Basic) - Identifies, assesses, manages, and takes intelligent risks to attain objectives.
- Must be proficient in MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Willingness to travel if needed.
- Cleveland location preferred, may also be US-Remote (Ohio/NY/Eastern US)
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time. What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job has expired.