Summary of the role
As the Chemical R&D Scientist, you will lead the implementation of new methods/processes to solve problems. This role prepares and reviews summaries of observations and is capable of verbal and written presentations documented proficiently in laboratory notebooks to internal and external audiences. The incumbent will write and review SOPs, training modules, technical transfer documents, specifications, summary reports and technical reports to be sent to clients or used in regulatory filings and is responsible for ensuring complex technical information is well understood by team associates, management and clients. The position performs audits of laboratory work and reports and maintains a high level of professional expertise through familiarity with scientific literature. The Chemical R&D Scientist I determines appropriate methods and procedures on new assignments.
Requirements for the role
- Solves synthetic problems with minimal supervision.
- Executes synthesis activities from gram to multi-kilogram scale with minimal supervision.
- Isolates and purifies products and intermediates by using standard laboratory techniques.
- Interprets and communicates analytical data.
- Performs routine analytical procedures to monitor reaction progress (i.e. TLC, GC, NMR, HPLC, KF).
- Designs multi-step synthetic process from commercially available starting materials to target compounds.
- Performs routine maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment with supervision.
- Writes project documentation (developmental reports and protocols) of medium complexity with supervision.
- Establishes and coordinates activities at contract chemical and analytical laboratories, as required.
- Embodying our company values, which are: be reliable, be caring, be transparent and be willing.
What we offer
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field required with minimum of 9+ years' experience, OR
- Master's degree in Chemistry or related field with minimum of 3+ years' experience, OR
- Doctoral degree with a 0-2 years of previous experience.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, bonus program, 401k match, tuition reimbursement, 24/7 employee assistance program, flexible work hours, and the opportunity for career training and development.Why consider Sterling?
Sterling Pharma Solutions is a global contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) with more than 50 years' experience in developing and manufacturing Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs). This is complemented by Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) R&D bioconjugation services.
We are a fast growing, dynamic business with facilities in the UK, US and Europe, where we employ more than 1300 talented and passionate people who support our customers in bringing new medicines to market, improving and saving the lives of patients.
Our culture and our way of working is what really sets us apart as a business; we aim to deliver an exceptional experience to our customers and our employees. You can expect to be part of a supportive team, all working towards a shared goal: to deliver first-class science and service to our customers every day.
Sterling Pharma Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
This job has expired.