Job ID: 298402
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are seeking a professional CDL- Class A Driver
HOME EVERY NIGHT AND WEEKENDS!
Do you have a positive attitude?
If so, this may be the job for you
Our Drivers are responsible for transporting and unloading glass to customers while interacting daily with customers to help resolve any issues that may arise. Starting rate is $26.00/ hour.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Day to day activities will consist of handling and loading/unloading glass and/or metal products, load securement, daily pre and post trip of vehicles, multiple deliveries, and customer service
- Unloading could include handling loose, crated, and racked glass, metal and associated products, as well as, operating boom cranes
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks, and adherence to all DOT regulations, safety policies, and procedures, including Critical Safety Rules, are essential functions of your job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Requirements
- We require a minimum of 2 years recent CMV driving experience
- Last 3 years clear driving record with no tickets, suspensions, or accidents .
- Must possess a valid CDL Class A license issued by the state of residence
- Able to work a flexible starting time
- Must be able to complete logbook requirements and all other assigned necessary paperwork
- Must be able to read and interpret mathematical measurements of glass sizes and delivery schedules as well as effectively use a tape measure
- Must be in compliance with all DOT requirements including an unexpired Medical Examiners Certificate
- Good customer relations and people skills a must
While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must have the ability to wear all required safety equipment to include safety boots with metatarsal guards
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Must withstand repetitive motion of the hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
- Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
#OBE What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.
Date Posted: Jun 24, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.