Worcester Eisenbrandt (WEI), specializing in historic preservation construction is looking for a talented Shop Carpenter.
Worcester Eisenbrandt will challenge you by offering you new experiences working on a variety of projects.
WEI offers an outstanding company culture and dynamic work environment. This is a full-time position with benefits, including but not limited to: health, dental, vision, paid time off and paid holidays. Competitive pay.
General Information about the job:
- Take measurement of distances and materials to establish the dimension/size of a structure
- Cut, shape, and smooth the surface of materials using power saws and sanders
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations to minimize risk of workplace accident
- Erect ladders and scaffolding in order to assemble wood/metal parts above ground level
- Use plumb bobs, levels and squares to ensure an even and level surface/structure
- Work and maintain knowledge of various construction materials among which include wood, fiberglass, steel, and concrete
- Read and interpret building plans/blueprint for large and complex structures
- Hands-on experience in working with carpentry materials
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction
- Proficient in using electrical and manual equipment and measurement tools (powered saws, hammers, rulers etc.)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines at all times
- Build shoots and concrete forms for pouring cement mixtures during large constructions
- Must be dependable and reliable, follow direction, perform some layout, general math skills, ability to read installation instructions, and work within tolerances
- Dependable, reliable, fulfills responsibilities.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Able to wear common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, breathing and hard hats when needed.
- Strong work ethics of integrity and honesty.
APPLY TO THIS LINK:https://worcestereisenbrandtconstruction.applytojob.com/apply/tUvRfsip7y/Carpenter--SHOP
- Minimum of three years' experience of carpentry experience.
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on scaffolds and ladders, lift and carry objects weighing up-to 50 pounds.
- Experience working on historic properties is helpful.
It is the policy of Worcester Eisenbrandt, Inc. (WEI, Inc.) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, WEI will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The physical demands and working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position, subject to reasonable accommodation.
WEI, Inc. confirms work authorization through E-Verify, drug screening and criminal background check.
This job has expired.