Job ID: 229500
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Infrastructure is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
This position will be a key resource in driving reductions in total supplier costs and strategically managing supplier relationships in order to improve the profitability and competitive position of our Enclosures business. The Procurement Director is responsible for managing spend categories through the use of the Oldcastle's strategic sourcing process as well as implementing a supply chain program that optimizes inventory levels to support production needs and reduce TWC. The Procurement Director will work directly with suppliers, plant managers, plant purchasing personnel, and other key internal stakeholders to ensure program objectives are achieved.
Work extensively with operations team to develop and implement sourcing strategies to address cost, quality and service expectations and deliver innovative products and solutions. Primary focus will be raw materials, parts, and services relevant to operations. Key to developing value for the operations will be to determine when to leverage national purchasing agreements or to develop targeted regional and market-based savings programs.
Education and/or Experience
- Utilize creative approaches to reduce total cost, e.g. reduce demand, and develop negotiation strategies with that consider alternative materials
- Conduct effective contract negotiations with key strategic suppliers with clear deliverables impacting cost out objectives
- Formulate roll-out and implementation plans including supplier and employee communication
- Prepare contingency plans to mitigate risk on supply and cost
- Develop and meet cost reduction targets
- Coordinate category savings programs; track and report savings
- Communicate cost changes with mitigation plans to address upward price movement
- Develop and implement JIT supply chain network to improve overall reduction in inventory levels
- Measure and collaborate with suppliers on overall performance; develop continuous improvement plans to improve overall service levels as needed.
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Bachelors degree required with 5+ years of business, procurement, plant operations / engineering or related experience.
- Solid Strategic Sourcing management skills with a proven record for delivering results.
- Collaborative leader with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team within a highly matrixed environment
- Knowledge of procurement tools and process management including: strategic sourcing processes; procurement best practices, procedures, and policies; strategic sourcing and operating metrics.
- Experience working with databases, data warehouse applications and / or ERP systems. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required
- Ability to work in a highly cross-functional team environment
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Demonstrated ownership and accountability in achieving organizational goals and objectives.
- Ability to think strategically and interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proven negotiation results
- Ability to drive change, self-motivated, problem solve and willingness to challenge status quo
- to deliver results
- Preferred knowledge of Netsuite and/or knowledge of equivalent ERP system
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Infrastructure, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Sep 22, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Manager, Procurement, Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Warehouse, Management, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing