Facility: NORTHSTAR CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position maintains continuous state of alertness and awareness to control and secure the facility and residents. Operates within legal constraints and contract agency stipulations.
We are a 24/7 operational facility. Schedules are eight (8) hours and may vary. Overtime may be requested as per facility needs.
This is a full time position with benefits, PTO and paid holidays. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures that the equipment necessary for each watch is operational including radios, flashlights, and keys prior to relieving the watch. Prepares shift documentation including shift reports, work orders, security reports, and unusual incidents that are legible, concise and that meet facility’s standards and contracting agency requirements.
- Receives necessary information from previous shift personnel pertaining to events that transpired during the shift such as resident medical problems, disciplinary problems, or new arrivals and any special instructions. Relieves the watch and informs necessary personnel that the watch has been relieved. Makes entries into the security log showing the time the watch was relieved noting name and title.
- Conducts radio checks documenting results in the security log. Conducts facility counts at the prescribed times and ensures the logbooks in the buildings are accurate as to count.
- Frequently patrols building to observe and listen to individual residents and groups of residents and monitors the state of the building. Examples of activities include smelling for marijuana, listening to conversations, or ensuring doors and windows are properly secured.
- Ensures that the building picture board has a picture of all residents assigned to the building and that the picture is in the proper bed slot.
- Organizes and supervises resident work details to assist in maintaining facility cleanliness to ensure that facility meets facility’s and contracting agency requirements.
- Performs activities on both a scheduled and random basis including urinalysis testing, pat downs, shakedowns, counts, or breath tests, to maintain control and security of the residents and facility.
- Documents disciplinary action for rule violations according to procedure to comply with contracting agency requirements and log accordingly.
- Conducts scheduled and impromptu cleanliness checks of the facility and resident’s personal belonging to maintain it in an orderly and clean fashion to meet health and environmental requirements. This includes all rooms within the facility and residents’ personal belongings.
- Welcomes visitors and verifies their identity while maintaining professionalism and courtesy at all times.
- Communicates with residents and staff in a professional manner to affirm and enhance self-esteem, dignity, and to maintain positive resident and staff relations.
- Participates in staff meetings by sharing observations and recommendations regarding the facility, residents and staff relations to identify and resolve problems and function as a unified team.
- Maintains confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding employees, vendors, residents, or outside agencies so that sensitive information is only given on a "need to know" basis.
- Complies with company policies and work rules as described in the company Employee Handbook, the Statement of Work, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Adheres to attendance policies and is available to work any shifts or work overtime to ensure adequate coverage of the program and to ensure the safety and security of the residents.
- Complies with facility safety rules and takes appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner and without injury to self or others.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.