CU Anschutz Medical CampusOffice for Educational Outreach and Pathway InitiativesBusiness Services Professional Position #00795163 – Requisition #25364Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date.Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2Exemptions vary by campus location/department.Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Office for Educational Outreach and Pathway Initiatives has an opening for a full time University Staff (unclassified) Business Services Professional position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital and Children's Hospital Colorado - that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
.Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field.At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.Specific Job Duties:General Operational Management (25%)
Serve as first point of contact for facilities issues throughout the department.Place orders using appropriate purchasing procedures, adhering to purchasing guidelines and requirements, and completing necessary paperwork. Respond to in-person, written, and telephone requests from students, applicants, colleagues and other university personnel.Order supplies including ensuring office equipment is working property and troubleshoot issues as arise.Assist in resolving faculty, staff and students and walk-in concerns.Answer straightforward questions where possible and provide information about the University, the offices, its programs, deadlines and processes, etc.Determine proper referrals within the offices and University as appropriate.Assist in managing all aspects of day-to-day operations of the offices by fostering effective service delivery, scheduling meetings/space, coordinating catering as needed, helping plan office events, managing incoming and outgoing mail.Collaborating with the Executive Assistant and others within the offices to identify opportunities to improve processes and implement plans to follow through.Additional related tasks as assigned by the supervisor (Assistant Vice Chancellor).Financial Processes (25%)
Process procurement requests, travel arrangements, and reimbursements of faculty and staff. Complete purchase requisitions, purchase orders, reallocate A-card charges, vouchers, and scholarship distribution.Maintain office supplies inventory; anticipate needed supplies; place orders; verify receipt of supplies Coordinate and award scholarship funds and tracks.Independently determines appropriate account for all allocation of expenses and ensures financial transactions are appropriate and comply with all relevant University regulations and policies.HR Operations (25%)
Process a variety of human resource transactions (i.e., position creations, hiring requests, payroll, terminations, leave, etc.) using the University technology enterprises. Develop and manage human resource trainings for onboarding new hires to department.Follows established procedures and policies to ensure HCM system entries are made in an accurate and timely manner.Prepares, organizes, process, and audits payroll transactions and changes adhering to established policies and procedures to meet department and University deadlines.Receives, responds to, resolves and counsels employees on payroll questions and issues and services as the department liaison with the University Employee Services Payroll office.Responsible for tracking accurate and timely employee data and records.Executive Assistance (25%)
Manage calendar for program Assistant Vice Chancellor, including scheduling meetings and assisting in day-to-day workflow.Assist program directors in communications and serve as liaison to other departments.Coordinate travel for office staff, submit expenses within Concur system, and adhere to financial policies and procedures.Effectively handle sensitive and confidential personnel and financial issues on behalf of leadership with tact, discretion, and professionalism.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $48,137-$55,100 and is commensurate with skills and experience.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck.The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process.
To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees
- A bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, communications, education, social sciences, healthcare administration, public administration, human resources, liberal arts, organizational development, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- At least one (1) years of general clerical experience or administrative experience in a professional setting.
- Experience will include developing reports, spreadsheets, and databases using the mentioned software programs.
A combination of education and related professional experience may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree on a year for year basis, but will not substitute for the specific experience.Required:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field.
- At least three (3) years of general clerical experience or administrative experience in a professional setting.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, Teams, Project, etc.
- Experience entering data into an electronic system other than MS Office products.
- Experience with University business application, including Marketplace, Concur, PeopleSoft Finance, Human Capital Management HCM, and other University systems. Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- Experience providing executive level assistance.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Highly developed skills and abilities to manage an executive level calendar and email in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in a variety of situations.
- Ability to work independently and with sole responsibility for initiating and completing tasks.
- Ability to assess a situation and initiate an appropriate action or response.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply public relations and diplomacy skills in sensitive and stressful situations.
- Ability to support and encourage workplace diversity including ability to recognize opportunities to promote diversity within and outside the department, and active participation in campus diversity activities.
- Ability to cooperate and support other department employees contributing to a productive work environment. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel.
Business ServicesPrimary Location:
May 2, 2022Unposting Date:
This job has expired.