Business Development Regional Sales Manager - ICIS
ICIS is part of Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions (LNRS), division of RELX Group, a FTSE 20 company with revenues of $10 billion in 2018. ICIS make some of the world's most important markets more trusted and predictable by providing data services, thought leadership and decision tools. We exist to help businesses in the energy, petrochemical and fertilizer industries make strategic decisions, mitigate risk, improve productivity and capitalise on new opportunities. Thousands of decisions are taken across supply chains every day using our intelligence and we make this possible through a global presence that delivers the targeted, local insights customers need to achieve growth in this new world of meaningful data. Shaping the world by connecting markets to optimise the world's valuable resources.
ICIS is seeking to recruit a bright and talented Business Development Regional Sales Manager (BDRSM) to join the ICIS Sales team based in greater Chicago IL, greater New York City, or Houston, TX.
You will be responsible for driving the new business development of oil, energy and petrochemicals commodity market intelligence solutions into all areas with exposure to the Petrochemicals sector. He/she should be able to work autonomously to generate revenue using a value-based and/or consultative sales methodology to prospective ICIS customers for promotion and basic support of ICIS' suite of services.
You will need to be a motivated and energetic individual, with demonstrable experience in high value, solution sales. This is a target driven role requiring high levels of productivity, commercial awareness, and focus. You must thrive in an international and complex environment, be a team player and be willing and able to combine innovative thinking with hands-on execution of sales from lead to close.
You will focus on supporting and growing the ICIS Americas business development team through coaching, collaboration, VBS within strategic accounts, increasing AOV, and ensuring the overall success and revenue growth of your assigned team. You will collaborate with our internal teams in order to address and execute on the market needs - both immediate and future. The successful candidate will have experience managing multiple priorities simultaneously, a can-do attitude and will communicate seamlessly and effectively with our clients, prospects, and internal stakeholders. In addition, the successful candidate will need to be a resourceful & self-motivated individual with a high level of intellectual curiosity.
This is a manager role that carries a personal sales target as well as a team target.
Experience & Accountabilities
- Manages and is accountable for the performance of a medium sized (5-7) team of professional associates
- Accountable for the budget, performance, and results of the team
- Develops and adapts departmental plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges; ability to work autonomously.
- Significant experience in new business hunting, new logo acquisition and commercial execution
- A strong track record of managing new business sales teams and driving growth to exceed financial and other business objectives
- Well versed in creating and developing sales strategies to maximize go-to-market resource and execute against market opportunity
- Extensive experience of C level commercial negotiations
- Manage sales process and overachieve sales targets
- Extreme professionalism in all client communications to cultivate new business opportunities.
- Develops a systematic approach to qualifying leads through to opportunities from both BAU leads and prospecting efforts
- Ownership of processes and procedures to ensure success with ability to pivot and revaluate on demand
- Maintain high volume and high-quality customer engagement through phone, email, social media and onsite visits
- Ensuring a robust audit trail of activities and clear performance reporting via Salesforce and other platforms
- Collaborate with all business functions locally and globally.
- Can point to &/or willing to join associations to further personal education and to become a peer in your industry vertical.
- Curious about everything, willing to ask questions and challenge the status quo in order to provide better customer outcomes and overall business operations
- Passionate about cold calling and the new business sales cycle
- Develop and execute a successful time and territory plan
- Excellent communicator, both verbally and written.
- Has the flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing environment and works well under pressure.
- A high level of energy, self-motivation, competitiveness, and a desire to positively impact the business.
- Creative problem solver with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Able to build relationships both external and internal.
- Experienced at working with CRM systems (preferably Salesforce.com)
- Desire to excel and be great
- Team player and mentor, constantly looking for self-improvement and growth
- 4-7 years demonstrable experience excelling in a hunter selling role and/or BD people manager role
- Tech savvy and/or experience with Salesforce
- Petrochem and Energy industry knowledge a plus
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Bilingual a plus
- Career development and progression opportunities
- Join the Sales Academy initiative
- Access to self-learning digital platform
- Self-development program "Pause for Performance - 2 hours weekly"
- 25+ holidays
- Hybrid role - flexible work from home option
- Flexibility for parents - maternity and paternity leaves
- Competitive salaries and significant earning potential through our commission structures
- Global relocation opportunities
- This is a unique opportunity to join ICIS and contribute to one of fastest growing business in RELX Group.
- We are a team that thrives on innovation and collaboration in a diverse and inclusive culture.
- Join ICIS and help us shape the world by connecting markets to optimise global resources.
- Who We Are - watch here
We are an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.