The Commercial Excellence Sr Manager/Associate Director (Business Controls) will be responsible for the US AZ Oncology Business Controls function. The selected candidate will drive strategies that both scale and optimize this function across the US Oncology portfolio while partnering with Senior Executives, Brand teams, Compliance and other (multiple) cross functional partners. This leader will further mature disciplined controls that reduce risk & waste (at scale) while optimizing the full potential of our capabilities and brands while compliantly driving capability & measurement.
Compliantly drive effectiveness, efficiency and velocity as we more optimally operate at scale while appropriately identifying & managing risk. Identifying and implementing simplification across our functions and teams; and the culture that this (and above) creates is also a key to success in this role.
This position will report to the Commercial Excellence Director within the AZ US Oncology Business Excellence Team.
Responsible for the vision, management, roadmap/maturation and application of key Commercial Excellence focused on Business Controls
Establish Business Controls/Risk portfolio management forum while driving towards business connectedness fostering increased cohesion across our business building visibility, accountability & collaboration by creating internal governance and operating model (per this function).
Responsible to lead, manage, design and implement Business Continuity Planning and Risk/Crisis Management via first line management reporting of high-risk critical business controls, platforms & activities.
- This includes the collation of real life case studies and creation of learning material to raise risk competence across US oncology. Partner with respective team leadership and Commercial Compliance to deliver these trainings and/or communicate the materials. Drive identification of areas that need clarification or simplification and partner with appropriate associates to make improvements.
- Tracking and periodic management reporting of required trainings and business controls across US oncology eg. first line business monitoring Management and coordination (internal and with third parties) of platforms necessary for the conduct of key US oncology business standards and procedures eg. Advisory boards, speaker programs
Increase the connectedness of key business components (in no particular order) Brand Strategy, Business Opportunity, Customer, Customer Strategy, Customer Impact, Investment, Risk, Values, Delivery, Standards, Business Impact) while compliantly and optimally operating at scale (per above other responsibilities).
Accountability for the business delivery & internal engagement for both the US Oncology Speaker Programs & US Oncology Ad Boards
US Commercial responsibility as the point of contact for all US Oncology Commercial Audit Engagements. Partner with Global teams as needed per Audit scope.
Solution and Action based member of the US Oncology Compliance Steerco working closely with the Commercial Excellence Director.Qualifications
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in relevant field
- 4+ years' experience in pharmaceutical and/or healthcare industry with experience in one or more of the following: digital marketing, consumer marketing, brand/product marketing, strategic planning, business planning
- Digital or consumer marketing experience preferred
- Oncology or specialty care experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated a progressive approach to business opportunities & risk management
- Previous Pharma/Biotech Experience working in Commercial Excellence or Business Controls
- Demonstrated ability to lead without authority
- Self-motivated with a focus on solutions/results
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven track record of managing cross-functional, matrixed teams
- Strong organization skills and the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Proven experience in execution - ability to bring strategy and analysis to a tactical level and get projects started and drive to completion
- Comfort operating in a highly regulated environment and industry
- High ethical standards and personal integrity
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognizing their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organization to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Are you already imagining yourself joining our team? Good, because we can't wait to hear from you.Where can I find out more?
Our Social Media, Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
Follow AstraZeneca on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
Follow AstraZeneca on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.