Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is looking for a skilled technician who is a recent graduate of a 2 or 4 year technical degree program to work for the facilities organization in the bulk chemical operations department. Tasks will include but are not limited to the continuous operation and maintenance of the bulk chemical systems and related infrastructure. These systems supply sulfuric acid, peroxide, and various solvents to the manufacturing facility. This technician will be responsible for proper system operation, preventive and corrective maintenance tasks and delivery scheduling. Primary work activities will include system & equipment maintenance, trailer offloads and daily regulatory activities, with some tasks related to control system support and alarm response. Technicians must be able to work with engineers & managers in a team environment with a focus on safety, reliability, and regulatory compliance. Strong communication skills and problem-solving abilities are important, and a background in chemical handling and/or electrical/mechanical troubleshooting is highly valued. Knowledge of industrial controls, PLC operations, and programming is helpful.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Position is for day shift with some weekend coverage. Overtime may be required at times. Emergency call-ins are a possibility.
- Working outdoors to perform certain job responsibilities will be needed in all seasons.
- Working in noisy areas and the ability to handle chemicals / chemical handling equipment safely will be required, as will working in a standing position for most of an 8 hour shift (excluding breaks).
- The ability to recognize and independently respond to system and equipment malfunctions is important to the position.
- Use of all site operation IT systems, including shift logs to communicate and collaborate across a three shift operation is required.
- Familiarity with and utilization of tools and practices to ensure continuous improvement is a benefit.
- Knowledge of waste handling regulations such as HAZWOPER and RCRA is helpful.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Performing all activities in a safe and responsible manner and supporting all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs is required.
- Education - 2 Year Technical/Associates Degree in Science, Math, Engineering, Semi-Conductor Manufacturing or a related discipline or equivalent military training/experience or GED/high school plus relevant work experience
- Experience - 0-2 years of relevant experience
- Travel - 0% to 10%
- Fluency in English Language - written & verbal
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.