The Carpenter provides building support and maintenance to the Modern family of companies in a commercial and residential capacity. Typical work includes doors and hardware, dry wall, floors and wall tile, sub floors, plumbing, minor electrical and other projects as needed. Role will require use of manual and power tools.
- Takes direction from lead carpenter on basic building support and maintenance projects, able to work independently
- Completes basic carpentry duties such as, building projects like cabinets and dry wall, replacing fixtures or repairing issues, plumbing, minor electrical and HVAC. May be responsible for tear down and removal of existing fixtures
- Assist with workstation relocations, office configurations, and office moves
- Performs duties in compliance with OSHA, HAZCOM, and other pertinent safety and government regulations
- Assists in loading and unloading of all materials on vehicles
- Procurement of materials as directed by customer, project and ownership
- Cuts and organizes all materials necessary to properly install each job
- Installs all products with accuracy and quality workmanship
- Upon completion of the job double checks all work to ensure quality and cleans the job site thoroughly
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.Education and Experience
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in general construction and/or building maintenance work
- Must be able to use various hand/power tools
- Have a strong working knowledge of carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and HVAC
- Must be able to lift at least 25 lbs consistently, up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Position is also exposed to elements on occasion based on projects assigned
- Needs to have set of basic tools including: Tool bag, Claw Hammer, Measuring tapes, Screw driver set, Channel locks, pliers, locking pliers, Cordless drill with drivers
Modern Corporationprovides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This job has expired.