Blended Learning Consultant
We are seeking a Blended Learning Consultant (Instructional Designer) in the Center for Educational Resources (CER) who will serve as a guide in planning, designing, implementing, and evaluating blended learning solutions and initiatives at Homewood and across the University. The individual hired plays also an important role in conducting educational research on blended learning, in order to lead learning communities and inform on best practices. This position reports to the CER Director and as needed collaborates with CER instructional designers and instructional technologists, and may supervises student workers. In this capacity, the individual hired will provide professional advice to and assist faculty members in blended courses design.
Who We Are:
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:Blended Learning Initiatives
- The CER is an instructional innovation center supporting faculty and graduate students of the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences and Whiting School of Engineering.
Educational Research & Assessment
- Detect needs and assess course readiness for blended learning, also based on information provided by the CER team.
- Conduct an “environmental scan” for each course chosen as it relates to similar courses offered in peer institutions.
- Create an initial report with a provisional milestone for action to guide CER move forward with key steps to design courses into blended format.
- Develop and recommend ad hoc blended learning frameworks built upon established pedagogies, for reconfiguration of selected degree programs, associated learning materials and instructional activities for blended delivery.
- Manage strategic initiatives (e.g., topical webinars) for programs or departments as they relate to digital pedagogies to advance experiential teaching and support deep learning, with the view of influencing blended teaching practices within the broader Homewood education landscape.
- Liaise with CER instructional technologists in order to recommend faculty specific tools, especially emerging immersive and interactive technologies to support in-person and online environments.
- In collaboration with the CER team and student workers, propose professional development opportunities to assist faculty and programs interested in learning about and adopting blended teaching. These include workshops, learning communities, and other events to showcase JHU faculty excellence in this area.
- Guide the faculty peer-review processes.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- In collaboration with the CER team and student workers, assist programs in assessing their blended learning course/s and provide formative feedback to ensure continual improvement. Assessment actions may include teaching observations, conducting focus groups and interviews, surveying key stakeholders along with other data collection strategies.
- Analyze results and make recommendations for CER strategic planning.
- Under the supervision of the CER Director, pursue grants to support blended learning initiatives and opportunities at Johns Hopkins.
- Conduct educational research on blended learning at Johns Hopkins and in partnership with other institutions as appropriate to enhance blended educational experiences.
- Publish educational research including research journals and CER publications (e.g., “The Innovative Instructor Blog”).
- Bachelor's Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, or related field required.
- Graduate Degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, or related field preferred.
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in course design and development, faculty training, or program/course assessment/evaluation required. Five years of related experience preferred.
- Advanced Degree may substitute for experience to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Doctoral Degree in the humanities, social sciences, or other STEM field.
- Five-years' experience teaching in higher education.
- 5-6 years' experience developing courses or training.
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications:
- Demonstrated ability to acquire, synthesize, and share expert professional knowledge.
- Knowledge of faculty development principles.
- Knowledge of instructional design principles.
- Knowledge of evidence-based teaching practices.
- Knowledge of assessment and evaluation principles and practices.
- Enthusiasm for, and experience in, independent, “self-starter” work environment.
- Working knowledge of pedagogy, best practices, and adult learning principles.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, including presentation software applications.
- Knowledge of current WCAG 2.1 AA recommendations.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate using a variety of meeting tools (i.e., Zoom, MS Teams, etc.)
- Experience using and supporting faculty adoption of learning management systems and other educational technology.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (e.g., PowerPoint, Sharepoint, MS Teams, Excel).
Classified Title: Instructional Designer
Working Title: Blending Learning Consultant
Starting Salary Range: $61,550 - $84,700 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: Days and hours vary. Hybrid position
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Homewood Campus
Department name: Center for Educational Resources
Personnel area: Libraries
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Blended-Learning-Consultant-MD-21218/876748500/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.