BH Director of Preventive Services
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating YKHC Prevention activities with village services, hospital services, and other organizations, as appropriate. Responsible for supervision of the Sobering Center and SBIRIT Coordinators, Grant management and knowledge of activities and reporting requirements to the State of Alaska and other various reporting agencies.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential job element satisfactorily. The components listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology preferred with a specialty in Mental Health and preventive programs. Undergraduate degree, social work, psychology or rural human services.
- Experience in cross-cultural setting, preferably with Alaskan Native cultures. Yup'ik speaker preferred.
- Two (2) years supervisory experience providing various behavioral health or direct services performing at a satisfactory level.
- Appropriate state of Alaska licensure required or must be able to obtain within 2 years of hire.
- Computer literacy required.
- Supervisory responsibilities for Preventive program coordinators, Grant Coordinators and all others assigned.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- School loan repayment eligibility
- Tort Claims coverage
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13724Location:BethelDepartment:Behavioral HealthEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 545-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.