Job Location: Bellwood
Want to make an impact?
***THIS IS A 2/2/3/2 SCHEDULE, OVERNIGHT SHIFT (4PM to 4AM)-2 NIGHTS ON, 2 OFF, 3 NIGHTS ON, 2 OFF, every OTHER weekend OFF, etc***
***Starting pay rate is $27.00/hr PLUS a .75 cent/hr shift differential.
Position Summary: Leads the operators and hourly employees and provides directives on Safety, Quality, productivity and efficiency.
Ways you will make a difference
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Adheres to all FCC established GMP's.
2. Conducts assigned work in a safe manner and adheres to FCC safety methods.
3. Responsible for Adherence to required quality & food safety laws, regulations, company policies and practices.
4. Schedules people on a daily basis according to work order
5. Manages departmental performance measures and provides regular process reports to Supervisor
6. Performs accident investigation reports
7. Recommends disciplinary action reports to Supervisor
8. Manages departments priorities
9. Ensures a safe work environment
10. Performs production reports on a daily basis
11. Performs down time reports on a daily basis
12. Supervises shop employees in a packaging environment, plans and assigns work, implements policies, procedures, and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions. Typical staff sizes go to 4 to 10 employees per line.
13. Adheres to all company policies and procedures.
14. Back-up to Supervisor in his/her absence
15. Other duties/projects as assigned.
Skills that will make you successful
Skills and Personal Characteristics Required:
1. Good people skills (coaching, motivation, relations, etc.) at hourly level.
2. Good analytical, root-cause-analysis, and decision making abilities.
3. Creative, highly motivated, and self-starting.
4. Computer literate, preferably Microsoft outlook and SAP.
5. Detail oriented with a high sense of awareness
6. Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced, high stress manufacturing environment
7. Able to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
8. Be at work as scheduled and in a timely manner.
9. Ability to work scheduled shift.
10. Ability to work overtime as needed.
11. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
12. Possesses basic arithmetic skills.
13. Promote teamwork, possess a good attitude, and exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform task as needed.
14. Ensures compliance with AIB, SQF, and other relevant standards.
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, and the noise level in the environment is loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to occasionally, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 40 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and distance vision.
Experiences that will support your success
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our