Job ID: 161478
Pennsy Supply is a CRH company. CRH is the leading vertically integrated supplier of asphalt, aggregates, cement, ready-mix concrete, and paving and construction services in North America. Our 24,100 employees at 1,300 operating locations provide our customers with top-quality, innovative products and services.
Would you enjoy working for an industry leader? Are you being challenged in your current position? Look no further, Pennsy Supply has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Adhere to and follow all safety rules and regulations of MSHA/OSHA/DOT and Pennsy Supply, Inc.
- Conduct daily safety assignments (area inspections, pre-shifts, JSA's, TRACK, etc).
- Examine vehicle and determine needed repairs in the shop and on the road.
- Raises vehicles with hydraulic jacks to gain access to mechanical units bolted on underside of vehicles
- Disassemble unit and inspects parts for wear
- Diagnose and troubleshoot any piece of equipment familiar or unfamiliar
- Replaces parts such as lights, brakes, bearings, springs, etc.
- Services items such as gearboxes, hydraulic systems, engine oils
- Performs basic shop clean up (floors, windows, walls, etc)
- Empties oil containers and trash containers
- Picks up parts and helps deliver trucks
- Control Costs on all repairs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must submit to a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must have Certifications in Air Brakes, Welding, Computers, Hydraulics, Electrical Work, Air Conditioning.
- Must have DOT Brake Inspector Certification
- Must have a valid CDL B driver's license, DOT physical card, and pass a pre-employment DOT physical, and clean MVR.
- PA State Inspection License preferred, but not necessary
- Must supply own tools
- Ability to effectively prioritize assignments to meet long-term and short-term deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Must be a motivated, self-starter
- Able to work various times during day, night or weekend hours, at various locations
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Must be able to work various times during day or weekend hours, at various locations.
About Pennsy Supply
- High school Diploma or equivalent.
- 2-5 Years of previous experience preferred.
Pennsy Supply operated in Pennsylvania as a family run business producing asphalt and aggregates as well as providing construction services until joining the CRH family in 1993. With being a part of the CRH family they are now a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the Unites States.
EOE / M / F / Vet / Disability What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Pennsy Supply is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 21, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Lancaster Job Segment:
Mechanic, Hydraulics, Electrical, Welding, Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering
This job has expired.