MAG Aerospace is seeking an Avionics Engineering Technician who will be supporting the PAX River systems flight testing. Tech will support F-18 Mission Systems avionics developmental test for large Test Squadron at NAS Patuxent River MD. The technician will assist with a government team in an hangar environment with a wide range of avionics to include the F/18-A/B/C/D, Super Hornet and EA-18G Growler.
***Must be a US CItizen***
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but not limited to:
RequirementsMinimum RequirementsKnowledge and Skills
- Perform maintenance on systems, installations, inspections, tests, and adjustments or repairs.
- Work with the government on getting JMPS and Mission Systems Software Clearances.
- Supporting the Manned Flight Simulator (MFS) with mission planning and troubleshooting.
The required skills and knowledge include:
- Working knowledge of F/A-18 A/B/C/D/E/F avionic systems such as APG-79 Radar, Link 16 Data Link and mission planning and/or for EA-18G avionic systems such as Active Electronic Attack Senor Suite (ALQ-218, ALQ-99, or NGJ) and AEA mission planning.
- Experience of maintenance on F/A- A-F and EA-18G aircraft, with ability to troubleshoot aircraft utilizing the Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IIETM) manual schematics.
- In depth knowledge of advanced electronic principals and circuit analysis.
- Ability to trace signal flow, understand circuit interrelations.
- Be knowledgeable in Communications Security (COMSEC) handling procedures and operations/loading procedur.
The minimum years of related experience required:
- Minimum three years of related experience required for the job
The minimum level of education required is:Other Qualifications
Outside of the above, other certifications, licenses, or clearances include
- Must have final Top Secret clearance, adjucated within the last 6 years
The position is contingent upon candidate's ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation.Company Policy
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Click below for the "EEO is The Law" and "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination" supplement posters.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:Applicant.Assist@magaero.com or call (703) 376-8993.
This job has expired.