WELL+GOOD: Creating a culture and community of wellness.
Trusted, influential, and famously trend-setting, Well+Good defines and demystifies wellness for a growing global community. Well+Good creates a world where wellness is stylish, achievable, and fun-connecting readers with smart, simple ways to add wellness to their lives.
We are looking for an Audience Development Intern to work and gain experience across social media, search engine optimization, email, analytics and marketing for the Fitness + Wellness Group at Leaf Group. This role will be cross-functional across two premium brands, Well+Good and LIVESTRONG.com. This role calls for someone with creative editorial acumen as well as an analytical mind. As a member of the audience development team, you will gain experience across many levels of digital media as well as skills that will serve you in a variety of fields. If you like to work with high-caliber teams, data-led processes and you have a knack for effective content strategies, then this is the role for you.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Audience Development Intern grows with us.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society 6), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You'll Report To: Director of Audience Development
A typical day as an Audience Development Intern might include:
What you have:
- Creating copy in the voice of distinct and individual brands to post on social media
- Ideating and pitching story ideas to the editorial team
- Brainstorming and strategizing with the audience development team
- Using Google Analytics to analyze editorial content and present findings to the audience development and editorial teams
- Creating and compiling performance data around brand emails
- Helping to manage and grow Well+Good's new ambassador program, Well+.
You'll be successful if...
- Available to work 10 hours/week remotely
- Passion about wellness
- Strong attention to detail
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Ability to complete multiple tasks in a fast-moving environment
- Capable of meeting deadlines and working with daily time constraints
- Talent for anticipating needs
- Professional judgment for handling confidential information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; professional telephone etiquette
- Adept at general administrative tasks like data entry and word processing
- Attention to detail and a can-do attitude
- Must be proficient with Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel, Docs, and Calendar
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats-no task being too small or too large
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsible; a pleasant and supportive demeanor goes a long way
What you'll take away from this internship:
- You are eager to learn new skills and strategies in the world of digital media
- You thrive in both team and individual-driven environments
- You have a passion for data-driven insights
- You love asking questions and bringing new ideas
What We Have:
- Knowledge of how an audience development team operates
- Brand experience with Google Analytics, Search Console, Parse.ly, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google Data Studio and other platforms.
- Improved analytical skills
- Editorial and brand connections to help kickstart (or further) your career
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- OnlyInYourState is ranked the #3 Travel and Information Site (ComScore)
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby's Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk's 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company's Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that reflects our customers and the world we live in. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply for our roles. Leaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.Agency Disclosure:
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.
This job has expired.