Carlyle Global Credit is seeking an experienced individual responsible for managing all aspects of the fund management, fund accounting and financial reporting for Carlyle Structured Solutions business. The individual will work closely with and support the Structured Solutions product team to execute on insurance focused, private credit investment programs.
This position requires strong accounting and finance experience, strong knowledge of the credit industry with experience in Structured Products, valuation techniques for both liquid and illiquid credit products, sound organizational and analytical skills as well as the ability to build rapport with Carlyle investors, TPA and the various constituents we interact with throughout the firm. This position requires the individual to take full ownership of assigned responsibilities and manage and develop junior team members.
- Fund Management / Operations
- Coordination with investment team, legal/tax counsel, and middle office operations team to plan and execute fund and deal closings including legal entity structuring
- Review formation process for all new entities and prepare documentation needed for internal Legal Entity approval, coordinate establishment of tax documentation (W8, W9) for all entities
- Assist with analysis of new business initiatives, assessing profitability, scalability, and practicality of new product to assist management's business review and plan
- Assist with diligence and closing of newly admitted LPs and assist in diligence meetings and requests
- Monitor legal compliance with various fund agreements and arrangements
- Manage and oversee fund capital activity including capital call calculations, distribution calculations and the carry waterfall analysis, management fee and other allocations or reallocations prepared by the TPA
- Review of valuation models prepared by deal team
- Preparation of materials and certifications for quarterly Valuation Sub-Committee Meeting
- Review fund and portfolio performance metrics
- Review of revenue projection models
- Fund Accounting / Financial Reporting / Investor Reporting
- Review and oversight of quarterly fund closes based on data received from the TPA, which includes review of related support for all balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Review and oversight of accrued and realized carry calculations from the TPA
- Review and oversight of capital allocations and capital statements prepared by TPA
- Review and oversight of financial statements
- Coordinate preparation of quarterly investor updates
- Coordinate interim and year-end audit requests and address questions from external auditors as well as investors
- Coordinate and manage corporate deliverables and disclosures for firm's public company reporting
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and/or Finance required
- CPA required
- Minimum of 7-10 years' experience either in private credit or public accounting with supervisory experience
- Experience in alternatives, familiar with fund accounting/GP/LP structures and/or SMAs
- Experience in Structured Products, ABS, Financing
- Highly motivated; Self-starter
- Time management/prioritization
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- Strong ability to manage and develop junior team members
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $260 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 437 investment vehicles as of March 31, 2021. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,800 professionals operating in 29 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business. As our Chief Executive Officer, Kewsong Lee, stated, "We seek to attract individuals from a broad set of backgrounds and experiences because we know that diverse teams ask better questions and inclusive teams find better answers. Our diverse and inclusive community makes us better partners and ultimately, helps us to build better."
This job has expired.