Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you've got big plans - so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people's lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Associate Production Scientist at MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI will be responsible for manufacturing or evaluating products according to established protocols, providing technical support to others, and performing operations in support of the group and department.
- This position is on 2nd shift, with regular work hours of 3:00 PM-11:30 PM.
- Perform multi-disciplined, established processes, assays and/or unit operations, primarily those requiring a higher level of skill and knowledge.
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations throughout the process.
- Ensure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments.
- Clean up equipment and working areas during and after operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of a supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Interact with other departments as needed, including participation in quality audits.
- Accurately perform procedures independently.
- Identify problems and limitations of analysis.
- Perform routine troubleshooting.
- Review of final assays and procedures.
- Interface with external customers.
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Develop improvement ideas, review impact of changes, and document all work.
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed.
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- May wear appropriate protective gear, such as respirators and chemical protective clothing, for long periods of time while performing daily tasks.
- May involve occasional lifting and pushing of up to 50 pounds.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- 1+ years of independent lab research or industrial experience.
- Laboratory and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards.
- Familiarity with laboratory instruments and production equipment.
- Proficiency with analytical techniques and equipment.
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer, mechanical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.
RSRMSWhat we offer:
We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
This job has expired.