Expected Travel: Up to 10%
Requisition ID: 4779
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
US COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Teleflex is focused on the health and safety of our employees, their families, and our customers. Teleflex will comply with US government regulations regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirements for US workers. To ensure we are prepared for all applicable vaccination requirements, Teleflex is currently collecting vaccination status and accommodation requests from our US based employees.
Employees and new hires in sales or field-based roles that require vendor credentials to access medical facilities as an essential function of the job, may be required to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination based on customers/site requirement. This requirement is independent of Teleflex policy or any applicable US governmental regulations.
Global Functions - The Corporate division is the central operating unit of the company; setting strategy and policy and providing business development, finance, human resources, information technology, investor relations and legal support to the businesses. The global Company headquarters is located just outside of Philadelphia in Wayne, PA. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
Teleflex, a global medical device company, has an opportunity within its in-house legal department for a highly motivated general litigation attorney to join the organization as Associate General Counsel. This position will be located at Teleflex's corporate headquarters in Wayne, PA.
The Associate General Counsel for Teleflex will be responsible for managing litigation, claims and other disputes involving the organization on a global basis, including overseeing and managing outside counsel, establishing, monitoring and managing budgets and expenses, overseeing discovery and providing advice to assist the company in managing and mitigating litigation risk. Specific roles and responsibilities for this position include the following:
Education / Experience Requirements
- Works closely with other departments, such as business, finance, accounting, purchasing, manufacturing, safety, environmental, human resources and insurance, and with outside counsel, experts, and consultants, to defend claims against the company and its subsidiaries on a global basis;
- Manages and works closely with outside counsel, experts and vendors in litigation, claims and other disputes in court proceedings (e.g. product liability, contracts, intellectual property, insurance) and before administrative agencies (e.g. FDA, employment, environmental), including budgeting, budget management and invoice review, review of pleadings, preparation of discovery (including litigation holds, information gathering, e-discovery, documents collection and privilege reviews), preparation of witnesses for deposition and trial and attendance at hearings or trials when needed or appropriate;
- Assesses and anticipates business and legal risk associated with litigation, claims and disputes and develops strategies to reduce risk and avoid litigation and disputes;
- Evaluates liability and damage issues and negotiate fair and equitable settlements, and attends mediations as company representative when needed or appropriate;
- Maintains corporate records of litigation, claims and disputes;
- Identifies opportunities for efficiencies and coordinates with outside counsel, vendors and colleagues on process improvements;
- Leads internal investigations and coordinates with outside counsel and Teleflex Compliance Department, as appropriate;
- Evaluates insurance coverage;
- Engages is such other duties as may be directed by the General Counsel.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
- Minimum 7 years' experience at a top law firm or in-house legal department providing advice to large corporate organizations on complex commercial litigation matters.
- Experience managing complex litigation involving product liability, commercial and employment matters strongly preferred.
- Experience providing legal advice on FDA and other rules and regulations applicable to medical device companies preferred.
- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited law school
- Pennsylvania Bar License, or ability to obtain Pennsylvania Limited In-House Corporate Counsel License.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including ability to make recommendations and exercise judgment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to independently manage large docket, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and project a professional image at all times.
- Accountable to establish, monitor and meet litigation budgets.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Applicable knowledge of motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules and procedures.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Ability to travel on a limited basis.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose. Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021 Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.
This job has expired.