- Partners with team leads to drive cross-functional asset strategy development & progression throughout the product life cycle (IND/CTA through Phase 4). May be responsible for 2 or more complex, high priority assets and/or initiatives.
- Contributes to due diligence activities to support business development
- Facilitates the review of development project proposals with Senior Management, makes recommendations for action and ensures appropriate follow through to achieve approved program/project objectives
- Functions as a development SME with alliance partners and affiliates
- Prepares and communicates program level information to senior management and the wider global organization to enable strategic decision-making
- Serves as supervisor for PM staff and provides development and coaching for program managers
- Contributes to department-level forecasting and budget tracking
- Serves as PM or development subject matter expert for organizational and cross-alliance initiatives; drives specialty/ fit-for-purpose teams
- Drive cross-functional asset strategy development, program planning & execution in partnership with R&D and Commercial teams with the aim of developing differentiated, reimbursable products that improve patient lives globally
- Partners with asset team leader to ensure alignment between development plan, budget, and resource needs. Responsible for ensuring smooth transitions between stage gates and align team priorities/objectives to the requirements for Action Point progression of drug development from initiating IND through product launch and full life cycle management
- Align team priorities/objectives to the requirements for Action Point progression
- Works with PDC and strategic teams to develop key deliverables for each asset, including annual goals, PTRS, TPP, NPV, Development and Commercialization Plan
- Highlights the need to reassess strategy or pivot based on external market factors, evidence, etc.
- Provides portfolio-level information and oversight as needed
- Coordinates global contribution from Affiliates to Development and Commercialization Plans
- Manages and tracks progress against plans/goals and maintains single source of truth for asset-specific performance metrics and project information. As appropriate, informs Senior management and ensures timely resolution.
- Stays on the pulse of asset team progress to identify and address emerging risks or issues that could impact the program and guides asset teams through scenario planning including identification of risks and development of mitigation plans
- Fosters development of cohesive asset teams that think globally
- Navigates teams through governance touchpoints, stage gates and preparation of asset reviews and ensures pull through
- Onboards new team members regarding asset strategy, historical decisions, team norms and expectations and provides coaching to develop junior asset managers
Knowledge/ Experience and Skills:
- Extensive experience with drug development process and the interdependencies of individual development activities
- Has a strong working knowledge and understanding of the science, therapeutic area and commercial landscape of assigned programs
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to foster positive relationships with internal and external business partners with proven ability to influence others to get things done without formal authority
- Ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization
- Meticulous attention to details with the ability to view larger picture at strategic level
- Strong decision making and problem solving/issue resolution skills
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Experience with budget management
- Bachelor's degree with 7-10 years of cross functional Program Management in pharmaceutical or biotech, specifically drug or product development; managerial experience preferred
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka.Disclaimer:
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Valid Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination or Accommodation
The COVID-19 Vaccination is mandatory for incoming new hires and employees. Uploading documentation with proof of full vaccination record or an Otsuka approved accommodation will be required during the pre-employment process as permitted by law. New hires must be fully vaccinated unless there is an approved accommodation prior to start date.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
At Otsuka we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware individuals may approach you and falsely present themselves as our employees or representatives. They may use this false pretense to try to gain access to your personal information or acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities purportedly on our behalf.
Please understand, Otsuka will never
ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. We will also not offer you money to buy equipment, software, or for any other purpose during the job application process. If you are being asked to pay or offered money for equipment fees or some other application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Otsuka. These claims are fraudulent and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
Otsuka will also never ask you to download a third-party application in order to communicate about a legitimate job opportunity. Scammers may also send offers or claims from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Otsuka email address. Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Otsuka email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
To ensure that you are communicating about a legitimate job opportunity at Otsuka, please only deal directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External.
Otsuka will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from job recruiting scams. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Otsuka's call center at: 800-363-5670. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job recruiting scam, please contact the FBI through the Internet Crime Complaint Center at: https://www.ic3.gov, or your local authorities.
This job has expired.