West Virginia University Health Science Center is currently accepting applications for an Associate Director for Health Analytics (Hybrid) with the Office of Health Affairs
About the Opportunity
The Associate Director for Health Analytics specializing in Medicaid Claims data research is a key leader in the State-University partnership between the West Virginia University Office of Health Affairs and the West Virginia Department for Health and Human Resources (WV DHHR).
This position will hold a working title of Associate Director of Health Analytics. Overarching responsibilities include the implementation and management of a Medicaid Claims data science program to assist faculty and staff at Office of Health Affairs in planning research and evaluation studies using Medicaid claims and other state data sources. Supporting the role of the Director of Health Analytics, this position will also be responsible for collaborating with the WV DHHR and other partners to leverage data resources and support research and evaluation analytic needs, participating in interdisciplinary research and evaluation teams, providing supervision to other health data analysts, and leading an established Medicaid Claims data analysis training program. The Associate Director is expected to identify training needs for research associates and health data analysts and develop trainings as required with the guidance of the Director of Health Analytics. The Associate Director must have experience leading analytic method development for research and evaluation, working with multidisciplinary team members and have a demonstrated history of contribution to the science field through publishing, as well as hold a terminal degree. Ideal candidates will have experience and knowledge working with Medicaid claims data, relational data, and/or all-payer claims databases. Line level understanding and experience of Medicaid claims data is preferred. The ideal candidate has a team-oriented attitude and has experience teaching or training others in the field of health data analytics.
OHA frequently engages in collaborative efforts with West Virginia’s Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHR), other state agencies, hospital systems and nonprofits throughout West Virginia. Ideal candidates will have work experience that aligns with the mission of DHHR’s Bureau for Medical Services, Bureau for Children and Families, Bureau for Behavioral Health, Bureau for Children and Families and the Bureau for Public Health.
We strongly believe in work-life balance and keeping time for things we love outside our work. WVU offers generous benefits, including:
• 13 paid holidays (staff holiday calendar)
• 24 annual leave (vacation) days per year
• 18 sick days per year
(for when you’re ill, for when you need time to care for sick family, for your own, or your family’s, regularly scheduled medical appointments. Who is family for the purpose of this leave? A lot of people in your life including immediate relatives and in-laws as well as others considered to be members of your household living under the same roof)
• WVU offers a range of health insurance and other benefits (this position is a benefits-eligible non-classified staff position)
• 401(a) retirement savings with 6% employee contribution match, eligibility to continue health insurance, and other retiree perks. Looking for more retirement benefits information? Check out retirement health insurance benefits, retirement income, and FAQ’s.
• Wellness programs
What you’ll do:
• Participates on OHA’s leadership team to advance WVU’s state, federal and community partnerships.
• Serves as a second-in-command to the Director of Health Data Analytics.
• Implements and administers OHA’s established Medicaid claims data science training program.
• Identify new training needs and develop training modules as required with the guidance of the Director of Health Analytics.
• Supervises health data analysts within OHA and ensures adherence to the OHA’s standardized procedures and processes, and assures good data governance.
• Supports OHA leadership in the development of statements of work for our partners, ensuring adequate health data analytic support is incorporated into contracts when needed.
• Provides consultation to faculty, government and community partners regarding preparation of research proposals, design and methodology, data analytics and interpretation of results.
• Provide training and education in the planning of research and evaluation studies using analysis of Medicaid claims data.
• Serves as a University representative and liaison to the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources for the planning and performance of projects, programs and activities involving health data analytics and program evaluation.
• Oversees research and/or evaluation analytic methods documentation for all work products.
• Leads the development of research associate and health analyst training modules for new data sources that Health Affairs will manage in the future (ex. All-payer Claims Data Base).
• Overseas the management and manipulation of large, complex, and uncleaned data sets and databases.
• Ensures data integrity and comparability.
• Supports data governance and data stewardship for the West Virginia University Office of Health Affairs.
• Work as part of a team to advance the partnership between the West Virginia University Health Sciences Center and the West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources.
• Oversees and conduct analyses of Medicaid claims data and other state data sources at the direction of the Director of Health Data Analytics within the Office of Health Affairs or Department for Health and Human Resources.
• Support both West Virginia University faculty as well as leadership within the Department for Health and Human Resources in using Medicaid claims data as well as other state data sources to answer research questions of interest to the state.
• Ensures that data analytic and research/evaluation activities are compliant with University-level policies for the responsible conduct of research as well as federal, and state policies.
• Conduct or direct special projects as assigned.
• Act in other matters and capacities as delegated by the Director of Health Data Analytics within the Office of Health Affairs.
Posted about 18 hours ago
Mount Orab, Ohio
Posted about 17 hours ago
Posted about 5 hours ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!