Wells College seeks a forward thinking admissions professional with the skills and creative drive to maximize the potential of the Slate CRM. Reporting to the Vice President, the Associate Director for Operations is a full-time, leadership position in the Enrollment Services division that will support the college's enrollment efforts by providing Slate data management, data integrity and technical support to Admissions and Financial Aid and will engage in significant strategic and technical collaboration across campus. The primary functions include developing, overseeing, and documenting all current and new operational processes to ensure data integrity for the Slate CRM, and admission processes. This position will support innovation and change to enrollment and other college leadership.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise Enrollment Operations Specialist, and as appropriate, contracted professional services Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the Slate CRM (structures, tables, forms, data integrity and security, flow of data across processes/units). Manage department security/user profiles and user access. Develop and provide training and technical support for all local and baseline programs and processes, writing and reviewing SQL-based queries and reports, analyzing and solving technical issues, responding to ad hoc information requests, and developing and maintaining written procedures Lead project management and planning. In collaboration with other members of the Enrollment Services leadership team, develop reasonable timelines for completing new projects and ensure projects achieve intended outcomes. Evaluate the effectiveness of projects and activities to inform technology and communications planning Manage administrative reporting on enrollment data (sources, applicants, admits, enrolled, etc.), processing production, and other strategic and tactical reports In collaboration with Information Technology, oversee proper and timely installation of new patches/releases to relevant software, data integrity, and data integration Serve as member of Enrollment Services leadership team. Create effective partnerships and work collaboratively across campus, serving as primary liaison with offices of IT, Finance, and other departments. Lead and/or participate in cross-departmental projects as appropriate Work with outside vendors (Common Application, CRM provider, marketing partners, etc.) to interface with software/services to meet the needs of the department or to deliver critical data/processes Coordinate training of staff for effective use of the Slate CRM system and report generation. Provide appropriate and timely training to admissions staff as requested and needed, including the development and implementation of audit procedures for processes.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Experience working with Technolutions Slate or other CRM as an administrator or back-end solution builder.
- A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as integral to the educational experience; cultural humility and the motivation to continually develop intercultural competence; the capacity to positively promote an environment of inclusion
- Ability to handle multiple priorities; communicate well in written and verbal form with staff; ability to train users on computer system processes; commitment to continuous process improvement
- Excellent problem solving and investigative skills. Ability to recognize and prevent potential errors
- Ability to work effectively as a team player and independently, producing timely, high quality results
- Ability to use reporting tools to manipulate data
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Bachelor's degree and three years of experience in managing an information technology system or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Skills to manage full time staff with a demonstrated ability to provide independent leadership and direction in in a fast paced office setting
- Bachelor's degree in information systems management/related field or comparable experience in computer system management
- Direct/significant experience with Technolutions Slate and familiarity with Jenzabar EX or other integrated student information system, PowerFAIDS or other financial aid management system
- Experience in college/university administration, admissions or other enrollment management area
Wells College is a nationally recognized, private four-year Liberal Arts college located in the Finger Lakes region of New York on the unceded lands of the Cayuga Nation. The mission of Wells College is to educate students to think critically, reason wisely, and act humanely as they cultivate meaningful lives. Wells College is the leader in providing immersive academic experiences tailored by each student. Our historic campus in a lakeside setting that is ideally conducive to deep learning is home to over 150 years of evolving, inclusive traditions that bind Wellsians across generations. Recognizing the role of higher education in supporting students from all backgrounds to lead in the future, Wells College actively seeks to diversify its faculty and staff. We strive to embody a culture of belonging that empowers all of our students -- 35% of whom identify as students of color and 32% who are first-generation -- to thrive.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Interested candidates are to apply online at www.wells.edu/employment and include letter of application, resume, and a list of three references with current contact information.
This job has expired.