Are you passionate about improving the quality of healthcare?
Are you ready to leverage your talents to make healthcare better for everyone?
Do you want the opportunity to give back to your community?
Do you want to have fun at work?
Then join the growing team at Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) that is transforming the delivery of healthcare in the United States!
The Associate Director, DSAA Analytics position is a key leader responsible for providing analytic oversight on HSAG’s broad spectrum of healthcare data projects. This position will design and implement appropriate data science methodologies requiring a broad range of technical sophistication and rigor. The Associate Director, DSAA Analytics will also propose novel data science methods from other industries that could be incorporated into HSAG’s healthcare analytic activities. This position will also lead multiple teams of analytic staff on several projects involving the development and implementation of research methods that provide healthcare decision and policy makers with actionable results that can be leveraged to transform healthcare delivery. The Associate Director, DSAA Analytics will lead work that involves (but not limited to) a wide array of different healthcare data types:
- case review
- medical and prescription drug claims and encounters
- electronic health record
- vital statistics
Additionally, this position manages multiple large-scale and high-profile healthcare analytic projects through various stages including implementation, day-to-day management, budgeting, forecasting, analysis, and reporting. Activities include managing multiple teams in developing work plans and timelines; leading and overseeing project tasks; leading client teleconferences and meetings; presenting on healthcare topics; supervising and/or mentoring junior staff; and providing regular progress reports to the Chief Data Officer.
Details regarding potential project assignments and key sources of data will be discussed with potential candidates during the interview process.Essential Competencies, Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a senior leader within HSAG’s Data Science & Advanced Analytics division.
- Act in a liaison capacity between HSAG and outside agencies and organizations.
- Oversee communication with project partners, subcontractors, and other entities.
- Assign and oversee analytic activities within day-to-day team.
- Develop and adhere to analytic project time and task schedules, identify opportunities to improve the project process, and develop quality improvement activities accordingly.
- Lead multiple large-sized analytic tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Exhibit a high level of expertise in primary types of healthcare data and methods for approaching data assessments.
- Contribute to the analysis of a wide array of data types.
- Define appropriate research questions and develop corresponding analytic plans with specific focus on incorporating the latest data science techniques.
- Apply multiple analytic and data science techniques, including machine learning and deep learning.
- Lead and interpret analyses, develop appropriate statistical models, manipulate complex databases, and track and evaluate patterns of care and outcomes.
- Lead team and division-wide training meetings.
- Present and communicate project results to nonanalytic staff members and customers.
Education and/or Experience
- Serve as a subject matter expert for clients.
- Participate in request for proposal activities.
- Represent HSAG in a professional manner at all times.
- Project deadlines may necessitate occasional extended work hours.
- Master’s degree in public health, related social science, business, economics, math, statistics, or another quantitative discipline (or equivalent experience). Doctorate preferred.
- A minimum of thirteen (13) years of work experience.
- At least eight (8) years of healthcare experience.
- At least eight (8) years of statistics and/or quantitative analysis experience.
- At least five (5) years of experience supervising analytic staff.
- Experience leading data science and analytic activities on multiple large contracts.
- Expert in the use of SAS for data management, statistical analysis, and production output. This includes high level expertise in the use of SAS macros and SAS automation features.
- Experience using multiple machine learning algorithms.
- Proficient in the use of R.
- Proficient in the use of Python.
- Proficient in the use of SQL.
- High-level expertise in evaluating medical and prescription drug claims and encounters; eligibility and enrollment; demographic; survey; and vital statistics data.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Experience developing and leading formal written deliverables for multiple clients, including serving as the lead writer/major contributor on multiple formal deliverables.
- Experience serving as the HSAG lead on a proposal.
- Experience developing budgets for analytic projects.
- Experience mentoring multiple analytic staff.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise a team of at least ten (10) people, including responsibility for monitoring and evaluating performance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and work with multiple teams.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Disclaimer
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, management reserves the right to revise the position or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, work load, rush jobs requiring non-regular work hours, or technological developments).
HSAG is an EEO Employer of Veterans protected under Section 4212.
If you have special needs and require assistance completing our employment application process, please feel free to contact us.