MOTLOW STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE
is accepting applications for the following position:
Assistant Vice President for Student Success
Position number: B99989
Motlow State is the fastest growing college in Tennessee. We are located in the beautiful rolling hills of middle Tennessee and have four campuses that serve students from eleven counties. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes an excellent retirement package from the state of Tennessee, 401K plan with match, thirteen paid annual holidays in addition to annual and sick leave days, health and dental insurance, tuition discounts, and state employee discounts. Motlow positions are contingent upon funding availability and budget approval.
Doctorate degree from a regionally accredited institution/university plus a minimum of three years successful administrative experience at a college or university including budgetary responsibilities, supervision, and evaluation of personnel, and strategic planning.
The Assistant Vice President for Student Success reports to the Chief Academic and Student Success Officer. AVPSS plans, directs, and manages the following: Admission and Records/Registrar, Student Success, Recruiting and New Student Services, Adult Initiatives, Tennessee Promise, and applicable clerical staff.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
(Duties and responsibilities listed are examples of work performed and may be modified as needs of the College may dictate.)
* Provides leadership, direction, and policy formation for the development and implementation of successful student programs and services that are responsive to student, service area, and college needs.
* Provides professional leadership in recruiting, maintaining, and developing staff members.
* Creates and maintains an atmosphere that promotes the cultural, social, and professional development of students while enhancing the academic environment.
* Develops and maintains the Strategic Enrollment Plan.
* Oversees and maintains student complaint database in accordance with SACSCOC requirements, TBR and MSCC policies.
* Represents Motlow at the quarterly TBR Student Affairs Sub Council.
* Serves on campus and state-wide committees.
* At the request of the President, serves and provides support for Achieving the Dream.
* Supports and assists in the development of the Student Success Academy.
* Participates in the strategic planning process for implementing the use of technology into the Division of Student Success, i.e. tools, software, etc.
* Prepares reports to comply with state and federal laws, TBR, and Motlow policies.
* Prepares, monitors, and reconciles budget accounts for all units in Student Success.
* Attends appropriate conferences and stays abreast of best practices to enhance services.
* Participates in college and community activities that support the college mission.
* Assists the Executive Vice President in implementing continuous improvement efforts, goal setting, strategic planning, and assessment for the division.
* Develops and coordinates in-service training and professional development for the Division of Student Success in conjunction with unit Directors.
* Coordinates with campus constituencies, departments, and community leaders in developing and managing co-curricular learning and service opportunities; and
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Academic and Student Success Officer.
To ensure consideration, interested applicants must submit an application and resume online at www.motlowjobs.com .
Human Resources Office, Dept. 200
Motlow State Community College
Telephone (931) 393-1592, TDD (931 393-1621)
Motlow College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Sections 504/ADA Employer
Motlow State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.