About Working at Commerce
Building a career here is more than just steps on a ladder. It's about helping people find financial safety and success, helping businesses thrive, and making sure people and their money are taken care of. And our commitment doesn't stop there. Our culture is about our people, the ones in our communities and the ones that work with us.
Here, you'll find opportunities to grow and learn, to connect with others, and build relationships with the people around you. You'll have the space and resources to grow into the best version of yourself. Because our number one investment is you.
Creating an award-winning culture doesn't come easy. And after more than 155 years, we know Commerce Bank is only at its best when our people are. If this sounds interesting to you, keep reading and let's talk.
Hourly: $25.00 - $29.80 (Amount based on relevant experience, skills, and competencies.)
The Assistant Branch Manager is the right-hand person who helps the Branch Manager run a branch. You'll supervise daily operations of the branch to keep customer service running smoothly while promoting security and profitability. This is a very important job that is key to the branch's success.
You'll help the Branch Manager monitor sales results of individuals as well as the branch as a whole. You'll be hands on and step in to provide coaching and assistance whenever it's needed. You'll be a coach, leader, mentor and an indispensable ally all rolled into one. You'll help lead your team to build and maintain strong relationships with customers by making sure they have a great experience every time they visit the branch and by providing friendly, helpful solutions to their financial challenges.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to talk.
Knowledge Skills & Abilities Required
- Manage day-to-day branch activities including operations, administration and providing directions to branch staff
- Assist team members with day-to-day customer service, compliance with established policies and procedures relative to bank operations, security, human resource management and more
- Observe and coach sales staff to improve quality and experience of customer interactions
- Monitor results, develop and implement efforts to assure that expectations and goals are met
- Meet sales goals and assigned business development responsibilities
- Lead, mentor and motivate team members to implement the department strategy and manage department workflow with guidance on departmental projects/issues, and provide coaching and development opportunities appropriate to each direct report's individual needs
- Perform all necessary management functions, including hiring, evaluations, annual increase allocations and disciplinary action as required
- Communicate decisions, priorities and relevant information to team members effectively
- Support budget management, planning and expenditure
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Strong knowledge of retail banking, including knowledge of best practices
- Strong critical thinking skills with the ability to apply discretion and sound judgement to efficiently and effectively solve problems
- Ability to drive results and balance management of organizational risk and meeting goals of the business
- Strong leadership skills with ability to motivate team members and foster a positive team environment that gives way to collaboration and unified goals
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the company, clearly expressing ideas and concepts both verbally and in writing
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
For this position, federal regulations require Commerce Bank to prepare an investigatory consumer report which will disclose credit history. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you will be asked to authorize that report. *
- High School diploma required. Associate Degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 3+ years leadership/supervisory experience required
- 1+ year experience in financial services industry and working knowledge of retail products and services and bank operations required
For individuals applying, assigned and/or hired to work in areas with pay transparency requirements, Commerce is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is for the Assistant Branch Manager job and contemplates a wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to location, skill sets, education, relevant experience and training, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Commerce, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each situation. A reasonable estimate of the current base hourly range is $25.00 to $29.80. This position will be eligible for additional compensation through performance-based incentive plan(s) that will correspond to meeting performance goals. The candidate selected for this position may be eligible for the following employment benefits: employer sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, paid vacation, and paid personal time. In addition, we offer career development, education assistance, and voluntary supplemental benefits. Click here to learn more.
Location: 3709 Sandman Lane, Columbia, Missouri 65201
This job has expired.