At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
The primary objective for this person is to assemble a variety of products, meeting quality and productivity goals, within a manufacturing work environment. This person would work closely with fellow team members, and the supervisor to achieve team performance goals in the areas of Efficiency, First Pass Yield, Hours Reporting Accuracy, Scrap, Inventory Accuracy, and Time Lost Accuracy. Goals are set in each of these areas for each quarter and overall team performance is measured against them.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assemble a variety of products according to standard work instructions and prints.
- Operate and set up (as needed), production equipment/fixtures.
- Performs tasks in preparation and execution of work instructions for System level testing.
- Supports assembly and/or subassembly cells/lines during lulls in System level testing and as required.
- Become proficient at multiple assembly and testing tasks while meeting requirements for workmanship, safety and productivity.
- Communicates status of testing and adherence to schedule with supervisor and other departments as necessary.
- Prior to sign-off of applicable traveler steps, ensures acceptable outcome of all safety and quality-related issues discovered during System level testing. Escalates any unresolved issues to production supervision.
- Conducts complex quality inspection of own or other’s work to insure workmanship standards are met.
- Properly complete manufacturing documentation. Initiate basic material requests, report quality issues, report efficiency, record measurements as needed. May report work order information into computer.
- Cross-train or mentor others in areas of expertise (as needed).
- Maintain the accuracy of identification and count of point-of-use materials. Accurately determine and report material shortages.
- Work closely with Engineering to resolve production issues and actively participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Regularly presents production metrics/status and issues to a wide audience of management, engineers, and other various manufacturing support teams.
- Support various Lean Manufacturing initiatives that involve a Mfg. based team.
- Review and disposition discrepant material. Implement corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
- Evaluate designs for manufacturability (with respect to tooling and assembly methods). Provide suggested change proposals, or tooling concepts during early design process phase to Engineering.
- Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience: 6 years of manufacturing assembly experience or 3+ years of manufacturing assembly ISI experience.
- Must be an Intuitive Surgical Tech 4 in good standing for at least the past 12 months or as determined by area Production Manager. Areas that will be considered are: attendance, conduct, productivity, teamwork, and quality.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Agile and/or SAP
- Must demonstrate proficiency for training/mentoring other Assembly Technicians
- Must demonstrate proficiency at quality record documentation
- Must demonstrate leadership and communication ability
- Must demonstrate understanding of basic operational principles of assemblies upon which training has been completed
- Must demonstrate ability to diagnose possible root cause failure modes of assemblies upon which training has been completed
Must meet a minimum of one of the following bullet items (or equivalent):
Full certification in three of the following areas or equivalent:
Full certification in one of the following areas below and one from the areas listed above or equivalent:
- Must be recommended for promotion from the area Production Manager and Management team. Promotion approval may be subject to interview process.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : No
Travel Requirements: No Shift: Shift 1 - Day