Job ID: 288400
Callanan Industries, Inc., a CRH Company, was founded in 1883 as an aggregate mining company. Over a century later, Callanan Industries, Inc. continues to be a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services, providing a complete range of high quality aggregates, asphalt paving, and ready mix concrete products to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers with operations throughout New York State. Callanan Industries, Inc. was purchased by CRH Americas in 1985.
This is a highly skilled position involving the safety, control and operation of tack or distributor truck with capacity of 3,000 gallons to transport emulsion to and from destination. This position requires a Commercial Driver's License (CDL- A).
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The criteria for evaluation in this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Drive truck to destination in a safe and efficient manner.
- Assist crew with other tasks when not operating distribution truck.
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor on the job, as well as directing paving trucks to job site.
- Responsible for loading truck for emulsion tank.
- Responsible for applying emulsion to road surface prior to paving.
- Adhere to policies and procedures as outlined in the Company manuals.
- Maintain truck log according to state and federal regulations.
- Responsible for daily pre-trip inspection of truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water.
- Individual must possess a CDL A License with tank and hazmat endorsement.
- Maintenance and cleaning of the distributor equipment
The ideal candidate will:
Personal Protective Equipment
- Demonstrate good performance, safety, and attendance
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Demonstrate a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays, if needed
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Dispatcher, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators, and other employees
- Demonstrate the ability to conform to and maintain MSHA, OSHA, DOT and all other company or governmental state rules and regulations
- Must have good depth perception and coordination to operate controls
- Must have a valid driver's license - Class A or B CDL required
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required
- Pre-employment physical exam, pre-employment controlled substance testing and criminal background check required before being employed by Callanan Industries, Inc.
Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment in designated operations and production areas as stated by OHSA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required includes hearing protection, reflective vest, safety (leather steel toe) shoes, hart hat and eye protection. Qualification Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Individuals must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to be able to explain and demonstrate that they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations, using some combination of skills and abilities:
- Knowledge in operation of the distributor truck.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction and paving
- Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations and construction sites
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- OSHA 10 hour certification is required
- Have a current CDL A license
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally very loud and may require protective equipment. What CRH Americas Offers You
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Callanan Industries, Inc is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 27, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
This job has expired.