Job ID: 293839
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
Quarry Ground Laborer
Do you want to work for a company that values your skills? Do you want to work for a company that values safety above all else? Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then CRH is the company for you! Apply for the Quarry Ground Laborer position today and jump start your career with the CRH family.
To maintain the plant efficiently and effectively to maximize production while at all times maintaining a safe work environment. Develop teamwork and foster team spirit within the production and delivery departments.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Grease the plant and maintain gear box fluid levels
- Assist plant personnel when needed
- Maintain site cleaning program
- Operate small power tools
- Operate Skid Steer
- Responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Responsible for ensuring daily maintenance of plant is completed.
- Report all major maintenance problems to Lead-man or superintendent
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- Minimum of a high school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must maintain current driver's license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A and/or B Driver with possible hazmat and tanker endorsements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Coveralls.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Able to operate front end loader and skid loader.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations in order to keep time and material records.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively direct others in the workplace.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects or controls, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk and hear.
- May require standing for extended periods of time.
- Climb: ascent/descend three point entry into cab of truck; ascend/descend a ladder using both hands and feet while grasping handrail to the top of the mixer drum.
- Lift: exertion of physical strength to move objects (40-70 lbs.) from one level to another.
- Carry: hold or rest weighted objects (50 lbs.) directly on hands, arms, shoulders, or back while walking from one location to another.
- Bend: flexion of the upper trunk forward while standing and knees extended or knees flexed when sitting.
- Push/Pull: Exertion of force on or against object (70 lbs.) to move it from one location to another.
- Reach: extend the hands and arms in any direction.
- Kneel: maintain the body in an erect posture while resting body weight on one or both knees.
- Stoop: flexion of the upper body forward at the waist with partial flexion of the knee while standing.
- Twist: using hand tools such as wrenches and screwdrivers.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- Able to work extended hours if needed.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 13, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Fort Smith Job Segment:
Laborer, Electrical, General Labor, Labor, Front End, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations, Technology
This job has expired.