Every month, billions people access Facebook using mobile devices from across the world. Our mobile teams constantly push the boundaries of the user experience across all our apps, including Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger, and more, as a leader in an exciting and fast-paced industry that is evolving daily. We are seeking full-time Android Engineers to join our mobile teams. As a Facebook Android UI Engineer, you will specialize in building elegant products on world-class technologies that bring the Facebook experience to billions of people, anytime and anywhere.We are looking for someone that has strong experience developing user interfaces for applications on Android using Android SDK. If you are interested in joining a world-class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Lead complex technical or product efforts involving many engineers
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to peers
- Collaborate with Product Designers and Product Managers to deliver compelling consumer-facing products on the Android Platform
- Architect efficient and reusable front-end abstractions that drive complex Android UI's
- Engage with designers in discussions about product and interaction design
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- 5+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 2+ years of experience in building Android applications in Java
- 2+ years mobile application development experience (Android, J2ME or Blackberry)
- Demonstrated experience driving change within an organization and leading complex technical projects
- Experience in understanding large code bases, including API design techniques to help keep them maintainable
- Experience partnering with designers to implement designs
- Knowledge with Android UI design principles and accessibility best practices
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.