Are you looking to build client relationships and attain new business in the environmental field? Are you passionate about leading strategic initiatives to drive new business? Do you want to be a part of developing measures that ensure the success of the company's continuous improvement programs? Are you passionate about leading and developing a team? If the answer is, "Yes!" then we have an exciting career opportunity for you based in the US. Who are we? We are Montrose Environmental Group, an air quality permitting, regulatory compliance, ecosystem services and remediation services company.
As an Air Permitting Project Engineer/Scientist, you will be responsible for air permitting and compliance support for clients in the power, industrial, commercial, oil & gas and manufacturing industries. You will be an experienced Project Manager responsible for directing supporting staff to meet profitability goals and project deadlines while managing both the internal team performance and client expectations.
This role can be performed remotely, ideally out of the Austin, TX area.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER TO YOU
At Montrose Environmental Group, we're not just determined to think about a better way forward for environmental services today and down the road - we're committed to making it a reality. Our Principles guide us: We Value Our People, We Value Our Community, We Value Our Clients, We Value Our Shareholders. We care for the well-being of our people and offer:
Competitive Compensation Packages
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage
- Medical, Dependent Care and Transit Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid Life and Disability Insurance and access to additional voluntary programs
- 401k with a competitive employer match
- Progressive vacation policies and company holiday to ensure work/life balance for our people
- A financial assistance program to help support peers in need
- Access to telemedicine and employee assistance programs
- Access to best rates in the industry to bring your student loan debt down to size
- Produce high quality emissions calculations, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions inventories, and supporting documentation needed for air permit applications and routine reporting.
- Coordinate with and support other Montrose business groups to meet client needs.
- Communicate directly with clients and regulators.
- Perform environmental compliance audits and risk assessments, draft reports, and assist with correction action programs.
- Supervise the work of less experienced engineers and/or technical support personnel assigned to the project.
- Mentor and train junior engineers and scientists.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Exercises safe work practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Keeps up-to-date and current on industry trends by completing formal training, reviewing professional publications, and attending professional workshops.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, individuals must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and responsibilities.Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university
- 5+ years of experience with TCEQ air permitting, including NSR, PBR, and Title V
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven experience working on all aspects of the project including proposal preparation, technical writing, client interactions
- Ability to delegate assignments, manage deadlines and budget constraints
- Strong time management skills with the ability to work well under pressure with multiple deadlines
- Ability for critical thinking to provide innovative and forward-thinking solutions
- Ability to travel 30% of time
- Ability to drive to client sites
- Engineer in Training (EIT) Certification, Professional Engineer (PE) license, or engineering experience and ability to pursue license
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 949-988-3500 or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.MAKE THE MOVE
Montrose is a leading environmental solutions company focused on supporting commercial and government organizations as they deal with the challenges of today, and prepare for what's coming tomorrow. With approximately 2,300 employees across over 70 locations around the world, Montrose combines deep local knowledge with an integrated approach to design, engineering, and operations, enabling the Company to respond effectively and efficiently to the unique requirements of each project. From comprehensive air measurement and laboratory services to regulatory compliance, emergency response, permitting, engineering, and remediation, Montrose delivers innovative and practical solutions that keep its clients on top of their immediate needs - and well ahead of the strategic curve.
We are going to be blunt - the way we work may not suit to everyone.
Montrose is fast-paced and dynamic. You are your own boss, but you will get tons of guidance and plenty of support from talented, super-smart colleagues within Montrose. Therefore, if freedom, autonomy, head-scratching professional challenges attract you, we could be the perfect match made in heaven.
Want to know more about Montrose? Visit montrose-env.com!
Montrose is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our firm is committed through responsible management policies to recruit, hire, promote, train, transfer, compensate, and administer all other personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender expression, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, and any other class protected by federal, state, or local law.
This job has expired.