As the Advanced Optical Fabrication Manager, you will be joining the Display & Optics team that is responsible for the design, development, and productization of the display systems in AR, VR, and Portal family of products.
- Manage a growing team of optical process engineers with specialties in lens fabrication, coating process development, electro-optic devices, and optical device integration, working in a matrix environment in support of the product teams. Primary scope involves the development and road mapping of processes for miniaturization of optical components, and/or improving optical properties.
- Drive the team's charter and priorities through an understanding of the strategic direction of the product teams, the program deliverables, and own team's available resources.
- Develop the technology roadmaps for the AOF team through investments in new areas, and through defining scope for collaboration with key partners.
- Play an active part in assisting team members in developing their plans and commitments to the product and program teams.
- Manage engineers at various levels in their careers. Provide coaching, situational leadership, mentoring, and support.
- Manage cross-functional interfaces covering a relatively wide range of optical processes in order to bring clarity to own team's deliverables and projects.
- Manage budget, headcount growth, interviewing, and hiring.
- Master's degree or higher in Optical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum of 7 years of people management experience of highly technical individuals.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in an optics field.
- Proven technical skills in one of the fields the manager will be supporting.
- Proven leadership skills with self-awareness, situational/organizational awareness.
- Role model for direct reports, experience coaching and setting engineering rigor to how the team operates.
- Proven communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Adept at working in a fast-paced environment and in early stages of product development.
- Experience in display systems, particularly in AR, VR, MR.
- Experience in miniaturization of optical components.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.