Administrative Coordinator (DC)
We are seeking an Administrative Coordinator to provide administrative and project coordination to support the Campus Operations and Facilities department in providing overall campus-wide facilities support in the Carey Business School. The Administrative Coordinator will oversee key administrative functions in a higher education setting. This individual must be able to work in a demanding, fast-paced, and collaborative work environment. This position requires the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be proactive and flexible.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Greets all visitors to the campus center in a friendly, professional, and pro-active manner.
- Triages inquiries from faculty, staff, student (current and prospective), and guest inquires in person, over the phone, or via email and refers inquiries to the appropriate department as needed.
- Disseminates information on library resources, other campus center services, amenities, and events.
- Works with the Security team to ensure a smooth check in process for students, faculty, staff, and guests.
- Uses 25Live scheduling and event management software to answer scheduling questions and occasionally make last minute schedule changes.
- Maintains shared email accounts and responds to email inquiries/requests in a timely manner.
- Updates voicemail greetings for holidays and other campus closures or schedule changes.
- Coordinates with Event Planning and Space Management to provide support for DC events.
- Provides a broad array of instructional support services to faculty including trouble shooting and resolving space problems, and last-minute requests for instructional support.
- Creates and posts signs such as room change signs, facility hours signs, and event signs.
- Processes J-Cards (Johns Hopkins University IDs) as requested. Includes communicating the process, coordinating schedule, taking photographs, and tracking/distributing complete J-Cards.
- Completes weekly office supply/hospitality supply inventory and facilities check.
- Takes note of and responds to any concerns regarding campus facilities.
- Assigns temporary access badges and maintains an organized log sheet.
- Assists with the updating administrative paperwork, training manuals, etc.
- Dispatches Security Officers and Facility Coordinators to address any urgent needs.
- Communicates with staff, students and faculty regarding building policies and procedures.
- Coordinates access for contractors, caterers, and guests with property management.
- Provides administrative support as needed, including setting up and maintaining record keeping systems for the center, preparation of documents, emails, sorting and distributing mail.
- Distributes parking passes to Baltimore-based faculty and staff as well as guests as needed.
- Passes down any pertinent information or ongoing issues to staff working the evening shift.
- Acts as a Fire Marshal and assists with evacuation or shelter in place procedures as needed.
- Provides input on the development of tools, resources, and processes needed to assist the Carey community.
- Oversees daily mail receivables and any mail deliveries to faculty, staff and departments.
- Assist the Director and Associate Director of Campus Operations with daily assignments and special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum 3 years of administrative or client services experiences.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
- Basic proficiency with MS Word & Excel.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, with 1 year of administrative experience.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Classified Title: Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30 - 5 pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: DC - District of Columbia
Department name: Operations
Personnel area: Carey Business School
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Washington-Administrative-Coordinator-(DC)-DC-20036/878205100/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.