To advance the college's mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions. $1256 per credit hour of instructionGENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Kirkwood Community College seeks a skilled and enthusiastic individual to join our team as an Adjunct Instructor for NET130 Computer Concepts for Fall 2022. The face-to-face course will meet for sixteen weeks, 5:45 - 9:45pm on Monday nights at Main Campus. The course is a basic introduction to Microsoft Windows operating systems that align with the CompTIA A+ certification examination. The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge base in their discipline and teaching experience at the college level is desirable. Primary duties will include instructing students in the course and communicating with department staff, students, and other faculty. UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence. Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions. Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment. Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success. Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
PERFORMANCE EXPECTATIONS:Welcome, value, and nurture people of all backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences, as well as support and promote an environment that accepts differences. Possess the ability to organize and present various concepts to a wide range of students with varying backgrounds and abilities, and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.Manage a classroom setting in a way or manner that is acceptable and consistent with department and College objectives, guidelines, policies and practices.Assume responsibility; deal effectively with problems, and exercise independent judgment when making classroom decisions.Possess a strong knowledge of personal computers and educational media equipment.Read, understand, and express oneself clearly and effectively in oral and written form.Possess strong human relations skills. Get along with diverse personalities. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
- Be able and willing to deliver courses in variable delivery times, methods, and locations as required by the college.
- Effectively organize, prepare, and teach assigned courses in accordance with established syllabi to students with varying backgrounds and abilities and adjust teaching techniques accordingly.
- Evaluate student performance and provide timely feedback on a regular basis.
- Utilize the Kirkwood Learning Management System to post course syllabi and relevant documents and provide access to student grade book.
- Make student referrals when deemed necessary to the other college personnel such as the dean, counselor, Financial Aid, etc., for more specialized information and assistance.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in a classroom setting. Occasional (10-33%) sitting, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) standing, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Bachelor's or graduate degree in the area or a related area of study or occupational area in which the instructor is teaching classes (or)
- Special training and at least 6,000 hours of recent and relevant work experience in the occupational area or related industry certifications in which the instructor teaches classes if the candidate possesses less than a bachelor's degree.
- Completion of CompTIA A+ certification
- Familiarity or experience with teaching at a community college.
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family, marital status or veteran status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: equity@Kirkwood.edu
or the director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730-1576, TDD (800) 877-8339 Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov
This job has expired.