Plant Name: Atlanta Headquarters - 105050
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
The Accounts Receivable Manager will be responsible for financial leadership of the receivable portfolio. The AR leader's portfolio will be approximately $1.0 billion in sales (USD).
This role manages the accounts receivables team that researches and reconciles customer disputes, manages the A/R payments, credits, invoices, and contracts. Manager ensures team is recovering payments on invalid short payments/claims and dispute and assists in the research of them utilizing Solomon (ERP), Customer and third-party websites and external and internal departments. Position handles significant high volumes which requires fast decision making and a self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
- Responsible for overall collections financial performance (cash flow, DSO, bad debt, etc.)
- Plan, organize, lead and control the activities of the group including the management of the retained staff, the staffing level and organization of the A/R Reconditioning team. This includes operational and strategic efforts supporting business process improvement including cost management opportunities and initiatives.
- Responsible for execution of overall talent recruitment and development strategies for the retained team including recruitment, hiring, training, employee development and performance management.
- Active participant at the leadership team level for the BU's supported and conduct in-person client and customer / bottler meetings to review the status of results for the customer portfolio versus performance standards and goals, and take specific actions or make recommendations in order to ensure performance goals are met.
- Monitor and track the daily analysis of customer collections and disputed invoices/short-payments on a very high volume-based activity.
- Provide leadership regarding the implementation of new business models, customer (bottler) strategies, or sales initiatives.
- Perform analysis of customer accounts based on the customer's purchases, payment history, credit worthiness, credit limit exposure and our business strategy.
- Track and evaluate past due A/R accounts to reduce the risk of credit exposure
- Evaluate credit worthiness of accounts and determine proper account order hold or releases
- Ability to research cash application matters on customer account
- Evaluate aged items for bad debt write off and refund analysis
- Perform offsetting adjustments to ensure customer account balances are properly stated
- Contact customers to secure payment on overdue balances, issues resolution on open items
- Provide guidance and support to Sales and Operations Managers, Logistics, Common carrier disputes, outside Distribution operations about the release of orders to accounts that have aged accounts receivable.
- Maintain a strong cross functional communication with Sales, Logistics, and Management regarding identified account risks, potential credit problems, disputes and customer comments. Identify and escalate as necessary.
- Provide monthly and ad-hoc reports and updates to key stakeholders
- Maintain and manage all data related to customer discounts, allowances and other deductions in business ERP
- Track work on deductions issues unless the issue is resolved
- Research Cash Applications done on customers from Bank Statements
- Create SOPs for processes that have not been fully documented supporting SOX control and perform annual reviews of documented processes
- Ensures GAAP, SOX and Mauser policies and procedures are adhered to and the ongoing operation, maintenance and controls of the AR system;
- Ensure proper SOX documentation on customer accounts, credit memo issuance and approvals
- Support the monthly audits of deductions, payments and write-offs
- Identify and assist in the preparation of accounts for placement with collection agencies or 3rd Party activity.
- Financial recovery of invalid disputed customer account receivables balances
- Negotiate and structure payment plans
- Ensure customer accounts are accurately stated in adherence to US GAAP
- Recommend write offs for uncollectable open invoices and disputed balances
This role has 10+ direct/indirect reports.Job RequirementsRequirements:
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance, Bachelor's Degree
- 10+ years minimum of experience in Accounts Receivable in a commercial / business-to-business environment and experience managing large dollar portfolios.
- 10 years minimum of A/R software experience for large corporations such as Solomon, Oracle, SAP, etc
- 10 years minimum of A/R Dispute resolution experience in a large organization, working with vendor portals
- 5 years minimum of Cash Application research and analysis
- Must have Advanced Excel skills: writing advanced formulas, Pivot Tables, V-lookups, etc.
- 10 years of experience working with functional groups and different level of employees throughout the organization to effectively and professionally achieve business results
- 10 years following GAAP and SOX requirements in a publicly traded company
- Month end closing processes and knowledge of accounting principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of standard and specialized collection procedures
- Strong Financial and Accounting Analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization
- Ability to work in a global team environment
Mauser Packaging Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This job has expired.