The Accounts Payable Specialist I is responsible for various accounting functions and activities related to the processing of invoices into the Accounts Payable system. This is an entry level position that will handle the company's monthly recurring expenses as well as communicate with vendors and employees of the company to ensure payment and voucher posting is done accurately and timely.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Process indirect AP vouchers
- Track monthly expenses
- Ensure invoices are received and entered timely
- Review invoices for accuracy and obtain necessary approval
- Code invoices to the correct GL accounts and proper period
- Manage monthly utility/expenses for business unit
- Manage credit card and term vendor setup
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 0-1 years of accounting experience
- Experience working with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills for interacting with AP team, clients, and management
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Basic MS Excel skills
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance
The position is contingent upon candidate's ability to meet physical and medical requirements as needed by the position; including compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local jurisdictional requirements.
Government or customer site-specific requirements may include, but are not limited to, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status, except in circumstances where a candidate is legally entitled to an accommodation.Company Policy
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to our positions.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.Click below for the "EEO is The Law" and "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination" supplement posters.
MAG Aerospace (MAG) is committed to providing an online application process that is accessible to all, including individuals with a disability, by offering an alternative way to apply for job openings. This alternative method is available for those who cannot otherwise complete the online application due to a disability or need for accommodation.MAG provides reasonable accommodation to applicants under the guidance of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam-Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, and certain state and/or local laws.
If you need assistance due to a disability, please contact the MAG Aerospace Recruiting email:Applicant.Assist@magaero.com or call (703) 376-8993.
This job has expired.