PayneWest is seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking Accounting Manager with a strong desire to learn and grow professionally. This individual will provide a range of knowledge, while performing a variety of accounting tasks and projects, be able to think strategically, follow public accounting standards, and drive business-critical insights through analyses of accounting and financial reporting.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic individual with a natural knack for being self-motivated and leading with a strong work ethic. He or she is capable of taking initiative, successfully prioritizing and completing tasks, and effectively meeting deadlines.
At PayneWest, we will provide you access to mentorship, training, resources, and development to ensure your success, but you will need to supply the ambition. Our colleagues don't stop short of excellence and are driven to do what's best for their clients and colleagues.
What You'll Be Doing
- Maintain accounting controls over assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses.
- Gather necessary supporting documentation to prepare journal entries, account reconciliations, and variance analysis.
- Contribute to the accurate and timely completion of month and year end activities and deliverables.
- Produce accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Support various financial audits, including preparing audit schedules, and responding to audit inquiries.
- Recommend, design and execute accounting practices that meet internal and external audit standards.
- Implement, uphold, and adhere to accounting procedures ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Assist with questions or issues that arise in the day-to-day and complete assorted ad-hoc tasks to be defined.
Who We're Looking For
- You're an accounting genius. You understand business, people, and technology. You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and possess at least 5-7 years of experience performing a variety of general accounting, reporting, and financial analysis tasks and projects. A CPA designation is required.
- You DO sweat the small stuff. You're analytical, detail-oriented and extremely organized.
- You're tech savvy. You realize the crucial role that technology and data play in the financial world and you embrace it.
- You're team oriented. You maintain positive relationships with your colleagues-and you enjoy it.
- You're a natural leader. You actually walk the walk. You lead by example.
- You're that person everyone can depend on -to make deadlines and to be accurate and complete.
- You love to learn. You're passionate about improving and pursuing professional development.
- You embrace our core values: accountability, balance, excellence, integrity, respect, and humanity.
A competitive compensation package, a potential for profit sharing and a benefits package that includes paid paternity/maternity leave, medical leave and paid time off to volunteer within the community. Also- we're committed to a diverse workplace and a good work-life balance and offer a great career path with room for growth. We take pride in providing our colleagues with opportunities for career growth across all lines of business and function. About us:
We are excited to be a part of the Marsh McLennan Agency family, an organization with people that share our same values. They are high performing, culturally oriented, and community driven. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues, clients and communities. Remote work disclaimer:
Many of our departments offer hybrid work options, empowering colleagues to work from home several days per week. Depending on your experience, role and responsibilities, hybrid and fully remote options may be available. This position is not eligible for remote work in the state of Colorado.
This job has expired.