Account Manager - Academic Research Solutions
Are you the experienced Account Manager (AM) with a track record in selling information tools, eager to contribute to our Global Sales division! Our Academic Account Manager vacancy can be your next challenge!
The Account Manager plans and manages the overall account base within major academic research universities. They work with multiple stakeholders in the university research community and research libraries, and is the primary strategic account owner driving the overall Elsevier business (all research products) at the account in his/her territory.
Working together! The AM is the main strategic account planner - ensuring other sales roles and Elsevier stakeholders are aligned with the overall account strategic plan and account engagement plan. The AM encourages, facilitates and leverages the other sales roles (Solution Sales Manager, Customer Consultant) in order to optimize Elsevier's business at the account -working with Solution Sales Managers(SSM) to drive new sales of specific solutions, and working with Customer Consultants(CC) to ensure customers get the most value out of our solutions so as to secure renewals and future growth.
You will report to the Regional Account Director. This position is Home Based.
- You are responsible for customer loyalty and customer satisfaction. This means you are the expert on the customer; you know everything about the customers' business, strategy and research needs, budgets and competitive products at the customer. You translate this knowledge into implications for the holistic Elsevier value proposition and the solutions we offer.
- As the Account Manager you are responsible for meeting or exceeding the annual revenue targets and achieving long-term growth of overall Elsevier business at the account or territory. Next to that, you will deliver the content value story to the customer (institute, library and researchers) and drive customer value perception of Elsevier content, products and services. Leads or drives high value, complex and potentially highly political negotiations (e.g. at consortia or country level)
- AMs are responsible for successfully meeting current year and longer term revenue growth goals by working together with the other sales roles (SSM/CC) as a tight-knit team in the territory.
- AMs interact with various stakeholders at an account - not just the commercial buyer - and work to transform the value perception of Elsevier's core offering with researchers at the account.
- Build long-term Elsevier success in your territory.
- Responsible for new-sales within existing accounts for ScienceDirect Journals, Scopus, ebooks
- Responsible for strategic account planning, ensuring appropriate input from other stakeholders, and focusing on the customer's business strategy.
- Experience calling on academic research institutions selling complex products at c- level is desired.
- Expertise to program manage complex matrix of internal and external stakeholders is helpful
- Experience using complex enterprise software tool would be desirable.
- Background in managing large complex customers driving customer engagement and growing sales within accounts required
- Experienced in working in an international matrix organization is helpful
- Strong communication (verbal including on-line delivery and written) and presentation skills
- Strategic, consultative selling approach
- Enthusiasm and energy is a must!
- Bachelor's degree required
We are the leading provider of scientific, technical and medical information and tools in the world that help our customers improve scientific and healthcare outcomes. We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment offering great opportunities to develop yourself.
- Competitive base salary
- Generous Commission plan based on performance
- Medical, dental & 401K savings plans
- Excellent hands-on training program and a team to support you
- Numerous online resources to assist with self-development and career progression
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.