Join us as Director of Public Relations for our OXO and Hydro Flask brands.
At OXO, we're on a quest to make the everyday better. For 30 years, we've made household tools that delight our customers and exceed their expectations. When we have an idea, we're going to make it happen, even if it hasn't been done before-especially if it hasn't been done before. If you've ever thought, "there's got to be a better way to do this", you belong here, too.
At Hydro Flask, we don't accept lukewarm in our attitude toward life or in the temperature of whatever we happen to be drinking. We want to taste the fullness life has to offer and share it with the world. That's why we are committed to making tomorrow better - our lives, our products, our experiences. We are a group of hard-working people and outdoor enthusiasts who are constantly putting our products to the test and delivering "ahh" experiences to engaged consumers worldwide.
In our New York City office, we balance hard work with a thriving office culture; community isn't just a buzzword, it's a way of life. With a guest speaker series covering topics like service robots and crafting hard-to-write letters, book and bike clubs, volunteering opportunities, luau-themed happy hours, summer outings to theme parks, we like coming to work every day and think you should, too.
The Director of Public Relations is responsible for setting strategic direction and overseeing Public Relations for two iconic brands (OXO & Hydro Flask) at Helen of Troy. This role is approximately 85% focused on OXO, and therefore, you will drive OXO PR completely. You will craft the PR strategy as well as ensure execution. Additionally, you will promote the OXO brand and its products across a robust portfolio, messaging to a variety of media outlets via key editor contacts, garnering print, online and non-traditional forms of coverage. You are ultimately accountable for growing the brand through earned media coverage within this rapidly changing media landscape where editorial is still vital in its largely virtual form and affiliate coverage is on the rise. A key part of your role will be establishing and maintain relationships with both media and culinary professionals of influence, including chefs and cookbook authors. Importantly, you must establish and track measurement of these results to learn ongoing insights to continuously evolve strategies and tactics. As Director of Public Relations, you will report to our Vice President of Marketing for OXO and serve as a liason with key global regions/markets to offer perspective and expertise for regional global efforts. You will be supported by a junior level PR Associate dedicated to OXO. With Hydro Flask, you will have strategic oversight by helping set high-level PR strategy for the brand in partnership with Hydro Flask leadership. Additionally, you will have a matrixed reporting relationship with current Hydro Flask PR management.
OXO PR Strategy
- Drive a national PR Strategy for OXO that captures the attention of external audiences: press, editors, influencers, etc.
- Create innovative PR product launch strategies for key brand portfolio and product launches, as well as brand partnerships.
- Create channel-specific messaging around portfolio, categories and products, highlighting product features and benefits as appropriate
- Spearhead PR efforts around OXO's 1% for the Planet partnership
- Build seasonal plans and story maps to support communications and brand objectives
- Establish media coverage goals by channel
- Ensure PR strategy is sound, reflecting the brand's strategic vision and broader marketing and business goals.
- Track results ongoing, analyze vs past years and versus key competitors
- Develop PR event schedule and calendar across channels
- Work in tandem with Brand Communications to create a seamless and compelling consumer brand journey
- Share PR strategy with key global markets/marketing teams, providing strategic guidance to inform their regional efforts, as appropriate
OXO Media Relations
- Procure editorial coverage for OXO products via key media outlets, strategically employing use of desk side sessions, media tours and other creative vehicles
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key editors across all channels
- Establish and maintain relationships with key culinary influencers, chefs
- Provide product and helpful communication to editors of all media channels, as appropriate
OXO Professional Chef Strategy and Execution
- Set high-level strategy for OXO chef relationships as well as relationships with cookbook authors and other prominent home cooks
- Set strategic vision for creation and utilization of chef and cookbook author content across the brand journey
- Consider strategic partnerships with these key culinary players, including communication partnerships and potential product collaboration
- Respond to/fulfill chef requests in a timely and thoughtful fashion
- Product placement agency management to ensure thoughtful product distribution and exposure
Hydro Flask Strategic Oversight
- Help craft vision and strategy for Hydro Flask PR in partnership with Hydro Flask VP Marketing, Marketing Director and Senior Manager of PR & Brand Communications
- Ensure Hydro Flask PR strategies, plans and execution align with best practices
- Help Hydro Flask PR team develop high level tools to ensure sound execution (i.e, PR Message Support Stool, media training for brand spokespeople)
- Act as key liaison with Investor Relations
- Provide oversight on crisis communications efforts
Cross-functional Team Support & Partnership
- Work with teams across brands for input, learning and sharing information
- Bachelor's degree in Communications or related field
- 10+ years of experience in a Public Relations role
- PR agency experience
- Consumer goods industry experience
- Housewares industry experience is preferred
- Global experience a plus
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, Adobe, Social Media Programs (Hootsuite, etc)
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to set strategic vision and manage PR communications and plans
- Proven ability to set direction, ensure execution and motivate team members
- Established relationships with key editors and other contacts at major industry publications, newspapers and blogs
- Demonstrated ability to craft compelling stories through exceptional writing
- Demonstrated ability to be the 'face of the brand' in the editorial world; communicating with poise, skill and passion
- Ability to directly and indirectly manage a team of PR practitioners with varying levels of experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally with diplomacy and expertise.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
For more information about Helen of Troy, visit www.helenoftroy.com
You can also find us on LinkedIn
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action EmployerQualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
Incorporated in 1968, Helen of Troy has grown into a leading global consumer products company with career opportunities in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. We offer creative solutions for our customers through a diversified portfolio of well-recognized and widely trusted brands, including OXO®, Hydro Flask®, Vicks®, Braun®, Honeywell®, PUR®, Hot Tools®, Drybar®. Most of these brands rank #1 or #2 in their respective categories.
We boldly bring brands into our family, where we nurture what makes them great. We collaborate internally and externally, always striving to provide the consumer-centric innovation, operational excellence, scale, global reach, and stellar shared services to make them soar.The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change duties of the position at any time.
This job has expired.