Job ID: 229719
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are currently seeking an Assembler for our Schofield, WI facility for 1st and 2nd Shift. Will perform repetitive assembly work using hand or power tools to assemble architectural aluminum windows.
1st Shift: 4:45am - 3:15pm
2nd Shift: 3:15pm - 1:45am
Monday through Thursday with potential for overtime Friday and Saturday
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Be able to safely work in all areas of the plant floor
- Be able to learn basic blueprint reading and other Engineering information
- Be able to assemble windows with proper instructions and use of tools
- Learn Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope quality standards
- Be able to learn assembly of Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope's standard systems.
- Must be able to read/use a tape measure and calipers (this includes addition and subtraction of fractions and decimal numbers).
- Be able to learn correct basic sealing techniques.
- Be able to clean & apply Sealants
- Be able to drill & attach Hardware
- Be able to assemble (final fit) the window
- Physical inspection and verification of all assembled window assemblies
- Must be able to work with a minimum of direct supervision
- Prior window manufacturing experiences a plus
- Able to work a flexible starting schedule and/or overtime
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures, including Critical Safety Rules, are essential functions of your job
- Must be able to stand on feet for 10 hours
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to wear required safety equipment, including safety boots with metatarsal guards and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.) intermittently
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Additional Information
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Sep 22, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Wausau Job Segment:
Assembly, Engineer, Facilities, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations