Pay Grade: 5A https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/plans
Schedule: M-F 8:00-17:00
Location: Des Moines IA
• Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
• Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
• For more information about Why Iowa? click here
The University of Iowa offers a generous benefits package, including 24 days paid vacation per year to start and paid sick leave. Complete information regarding the full benefits package may be viewed at: https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits/fpsm
• A Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required.
• Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is require by date of hire.
• Current BLS certification.
• Minimum of 1-3 years recent experience in leadership/management with demonstrated skills in management and supervision.
• Ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to serve as a liaison and to collaborate with physicians, staff, patients, and other customers.
• Excellent problem solving skills, decision making and critical thinking skills.
• Proficiency with computer software applications (such as Microsoft programs)
• Demonstrates time management, organization of workload, delegation, attention to detail, and thoroughness.
• Current valid driver's license and the ability to meet the University Driving Policy Standards.
• Minimum 1-3 years outpatient, ER, or ambulatory care experience.
• Knowledge of UI and UIHC policies, procedures, and regulations.
• Experience with development/implementation or evidence-based practice (EBP) standards.
• Certification in a role or specialty through a nationally recognized professional nursing certification body. If not currently certified, must seek certification in a role or specialty as soon as eligible to sit for the exam.
• Master Degree in Nursing desired.
Application Process: In order to be considered, applicants must upload resume, plain text cover letter, and 3 references that clearly address how they meet the listed required and desired qualifications of this position. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.