Job ID: 229479
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, a division within Oldcastle APG, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
As an Oldcastle Production Laborer, you will provide general labor support in a covered and uncovered manufacturing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Requirements / Education / Experience
- Stack product as it comes off the production line
- Clean machinery, maintain the surrounding area, keeping the area free of debris
- Operating machinery
- Use security gear at all times and follows all safety regulations
- Work closely with the lead operator to prepare for shift production and become knowledgeable of the machinery you operate
- Transport trash and debris away from production areas
- All other duties assigned
- Must be able to follow workplace safety procedures, including machinery lock out, tag out and use of personal protective equipment
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Able to perform job tasks in sometimes dusty, hot and/or cold working conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak or hear
- The employee will be required to sit for extended periods of time
- The employee may frequently stand on their feet
- The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 65 lbs. from the ground level. The need to lift over 65 lbs. may arise from time to time - should this be the case, employees should engage in team lifting and/or use the provided equipment to safely lift
- The employee must have the capability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms, legs, and your whole body - bending, crouching, climbing - using steps and ladders, pushing pulling, stooping and reaching
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Lawn & Garden, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Sep 22, 2020 Nearest Major Market:
Ottumwa Job Segment:
Industrial, Laborer, General Labor, Labor, Manufacturing, Engineering, Operations
This job has expired.