Facility: GUADALUPE COUNTY CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Manages and evaluates all mental health service program activities based on company goals and objectives according to industry standards and contractual obligations. Acts as a liaison between correctional officials, public agencies, and the company. Implements all contractually required services. Manages department budget and actively seeks to improve the operational efficiencies of the facility mental health service program.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes established corporate and correctional policies and procedures in making decisions and uses sound independent judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing the duties of the position.
- Develops, revises, interprets, and ensures compliance with the rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and philosophy of the company.
- Directs the work of other mental health staff. This includes the selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action, including termination.
- Ensures adequate staffing to meet the mental health care needs of the detainees or inmates.
- In the event of periods of being short on staff, assumes the role needed and accepts 24/7 on-call status.
- Ensures appropriate licensure and insurance coverage on mental health staff.
- Monitors and takes appropriate action as needed on operational issues including but not limited to the following: use of overtime; issuance of appropriate forms to staff; auditing of mental health files; requests for records, inpatient hospitalizations to ensure early release whenever appropriate; status of detainees or inmates with serious health problems ensuring all necessary intervention and treatment is completed; provision of all required contractual and mental health services; potential catastrophic illnesses and explores/utilizes all avenues of limiting both the company and agency liabilities; pharmacy use to ensure adherence to formulary; strict staff compliance with all applicable pharmacy law, especially those covering controlled substances; supplies, purchases, and equipment needed; physical safety requirements of both patients and staff to ensure a safe working environment.
- Completes and submits monthly statistical, narrative, summary, and/or operational reports.
- Evaluates and recommends methods of improving operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Obtains bids from a minimum of three providers/suppliers for each ancillary service (e.g. dental care, eye care, etc.)
- Maintains and fosters external relationships with outside mental health administrators and professional organizations, as well as attendance at seminars, workshops and conferences.
- Performs a variety of marginal duties not listed, to be determined and assigned.