The Loans & Structured Credit team has long-standing close relationships with arrangers of leveraged finance and secondary market makers, and also has the benefit of Carlyle's extensive network and strong relationships with the financial community. The team sources assets from both the primary and secondary market and has deal flow relationships with all major counterparties active in the U.S. and European leveraged finance markets, as well as strong relationships with nearly all private equity sponsors in these regions.
Loans & Structured Credit investment approach is highlighted as follows:
- Leverage the investment team's demonstrated analytical, trading and investment management expertise with The Carlyle Group's superior industry, company and market knowledge.
- Source investment ideas through The Carlyle Group's extensive industry relationships and network of contacts.
- Invest in quality companies that offer high current income with a low risk of principal loss using fundamental credit analysis.
- Construct and actively manage portfolio asset allocations based upon fund objectives and expectations for macro-economic performance.
We seek to hire an Analyst on the Loans & Structured Credit team. Analysts in Loans & Structured Credit will be integral to the investment team and will work across the platform to execute the investment strategy. The Analyst will support 2 Senior Industry analysts. Key responsibilities may include:
- Industry research: develop and maintain market research on industry trends and drivers
- Financial Analysis: Analysis of assigned credits with particular focus on cash flow as well as on/off balance sheet assets and liabilities; the analyst will be expected to build/maintain predictive financial models
- Valuation Analysis: Analysis of transaction values, DCF and public values to express a view on asset protection as well as market value and ultimately recoveries in a default scenario
- Capital structure analysis including an assessment of credit agreement and indenture provisions
- Relative value analysis and the ability to express a view of an investment risk / return profile
- Monitoring of portfolio positions and summarizing relevant information for daily morning meetings
Education & Professional Experience:
- Current undergraduate student with an expected graduation date of Fall 2021 - Spring 2022
- Minimum of 3.3 GPA
- Prior internship experience in finance, investment banking, or credit
Competencies & Attributes:
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a part of a team
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ: CG) is a global investment firm with $260 billion of assets under management and more than half of the AUM managed by women, across 437 investment vehicles as of March 31, 2021. Founded in 1987 in Washington, DC, Carlyle has grown into one of the world's largest and most successful investment firms, with more than 1,800 professionals operating in 29 offices in North America, South America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Australia. Carlyle places an emphasis on development, retention and inclusion as supported by our internal processes and seven Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Carlyle's purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, which range from public and private pension funds to wealthy individuals and families to sovereign wealth funds, unions and corporations. Carlyle invests across three segments - Global Private Equity, Global Credit and Investment Solutions - and has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation.
At Carlyle, we know that diverse teams perform better, so we seek to create a community where we continually exchange insights, embrace different perspectives and leverage diversity as a competitive advantage. That is why we are committed to growing and cultivating teams that include people with a variety of perspectives, people who provide unique lenses through which to view potential deals, support and run our business. As our Chief Executive Officer, Kewsong Lee, stated, "We seek to attract individuals from a broad set of backgrounds and experiences because we know that diverse teams ask better questions and inclusive teams find better answers. Our diverse and inclusive community makes us better partners and ultimately, helps us to build better."