MV is seeking a highly experienced individual who excels in proposal management and compliance.
The Proposal Coordinator is a quality assurance and compliance position. The Coordinator begins the proposal process by drafting the bid response based on RFP requirements. The Coordinator reads the RFP, drafts the outline, uses the MV style guide, and includes data and boilerplate as the foundation for the writer's persuasive narrative.
When the Writer has completed the proposal, the Coordinator will complete and proofread the final product and begin the pre-production. Pre-production includes but is not limited to the final production of each bid in all forms (hard copy and electronic); the proposal, forms, addenda, appendices, price pages, and creating binder covers, tabs, separator pages, graphics, graphic design, resumes, and electronic submittals.
As a Proposal Coordinator, your core responsibilities will include:
- Reads RFPs understands all formats and requirements and all associated addenda
- Creates the outline of the proposal in Word, following the RFP format and the MV style guide
- Create proposal drafts using boilerplate text. Customize proposal drafts to meet specifications of the RFP and project strategy (i.e., preventive maintenance cycles, training requirements, management team names, job positions/titles based on RFP requirements, etc.)
- Creates/prints peripheral materials, including cover letters, tabs, covers, labels, spines, appendix items, org charts and graphs needed for the proposal
- Works with the Capture Managers to place DBE ads, send DBE faxes/letters
- Creates tent cards, name badges, boards, leave-behind presentations, etc. for interviews
- Researches and gathers data information needed for a compliant response
- Researches transit-related subjects to develop new boilerplate
- Must be able to multitask and create peripherals and attachments
- Must juggle multiple projects, letters, and requests for information
- Adheres to the proposed schedule and all internal deadlines
- Gathers and checks all required forms, all proper signatures, seal, and notarize requirements in conjunction with the Compliance Manager
- Proposal shipping (printing when needed)
- Administrative assistance as requested
- BA or BS degree in English, Journalism, Psychology, or Social Science and three (3)+ years of demonstrated complex proposal writing experience, preferably in public/passenger transportation.
Superuser Level Software Proficiency: The proposal Coordinator must be a Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat Professional expert user. Candidates must understand how to use styles in MS Word, basic formulas in Excel; create and compile PDFs; navigate and use Salesforce; Experience in MS Project is preferred.
- Must be resourceful, ask questions, create solutions
- Superb reading comprehension skills
- Ability to translate complex operational concepts into organized, easy to read responses
- Critical thinking skills are a must, as is creative problem solving and time management
- Transportation sector experience preferred
- High Emotional Intelligence
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.
This job has expired.