Hendrickson is searching for an IT Systems Administrator for their Chattanooga, TN facility.
This individual will support, monitor, and maintain the company's computer network resources and phone systems. They will analyze and resolve end-user hardware, software, network, and phone problems; and provide end-user training where required.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, laptops, file servers, network switches, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems as it pertains to Ethernet networks including adds or upgrades. Additionally, configure all peripheral devices such as printers, copiers, and related equipment.
- Input in planning and implementing network security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery plans and file system integrity.
- Perform account administration in Active Directory including adding, modifying and deletion of users and groups.
- Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
- Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventative measures.
- Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and industry standards.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the network.
- Investigate, recommend, and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network efficiency
- Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
- Perform software installations and upgrades.
- Ensure that workstation configuration complies with established policies, standards, licensing agreements, and configuration guidelines
- Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software.
- Investigate user problems, determine possible resolution, test, and implement solutions.
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems, relational databases, and other applications. Assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems.
- Primary designated support for all company systems to include, but is not limited to email systems, application and system monitoring, middleware, file and print servers and application servers.
- Provide primary phone system support including both TDM and VOIP systems.
- Maintain databases containing workstation inventory information, IP address assignment information, software distribution tracking, and related technologies.
- Coordinate vendor services such as PC hardware repair, printer repair and product warranty.
- Maintain I.T.-support knowledge base.
- Provide back-up support for all company systems when the primary support person is unavailable.
- Assist personnel of other departments as a computer resource.
- Provide on-the-job training to new department staff members.
- Provide computer orientation to new company staff.
- Performs other duties and projects assigned by supervisor.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Associate degree in business or computer-related field required.
- Microsoft MTA (Microsoft Technology Associate) certification or higher - preferred.
- CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician) certification or higher - preferred.
- Minimum of three years' experience with desktop support, System administration, or similar experience.
- Working experience with Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016, Active Directory, and other Microsoft applications.
- Experience with VOIP phone system support.
- Ability to interface with customers and provide group and/or one-on-one support and training.
- Knowledge of federal copyright and privacy laws as they pertain to the use of computer software.
- Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
- Working knowledge of backup methodologies - CommVault or equivalent preferred.
Hendrickson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This job has expired.